On the fence in Belize

JenniX

I am So on the fence. Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to see the ruins. We are traveling with mom, and stepdad, hubby, and my 3 girls ages 1, 4, and 10. My mom offered to keep the girls so he, and i can do an excursion together. Now my dilemma, all the excursions are So long, and so far away. I dont know rather to just stay on the ship and book a couples message, or choose an excursion 'that I feel would almost be taking advantage of my mom' for such a long period of time. We are doing Mr. Sanchos in cozmel so ruins are out of the question there.

Any advice, or other 'shorter excursion' suggestions?

We are sailing carnival magic, if that makes any difference.

If your Mom offered, take her up on it. When will you be in Belize again? We are doing the Lamanai ruins trip in February which includes both bus and boat transportation so is farther than Altun Ha. Yes it will be a long day but if it’s anything like Zunantunich that we went to a few years ago, well worth it. I wouldn’t just stay on the ship at this port. Cavetubing is another popular activity in Belize that I’ve done. We went with BZ And had a great time, much more fun than I was expecting. But if you’ve dreamt of seeing ruins, I say see the ruins while you have the chance.

I never dreamed of seeing ruins and went to Lamanai a few years ago. Since then I will take every opportunity to see any ruins I can. It’s just amazing. Do it and send your mom flowers a week after you get home thanking her for the memories.

We did Lamanai and loved it. It’s a fairly long day, but we did not get bored or too tired. If you are stopping in Costa Maya, Chacchoben is another great site.

Also, many children seem to love the kids clubs on the ship, so you’re mom would not have to be with them all day, unless she just wants to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm happy to report after consulting with the nana we are officially booked for lamanai. We have decided to put the girls in camp carnival 'extra charge for the baby' until noon. The nana will pick up the girls until we return to the ship. I'm so excited! Thank you all so much. You all really helped. I suppose I needed someone unattached to the situation to say just do it.On a plus, I found an exact match on 3rd party site to price match, that will save us $50 perperson.