Royal Princess - Prem. Balcony

Cruzinnana47

We have a cruise being held on the Royal and selected an AFT Prem. Deluxe Balc. on Emerald Deck (E730, to be exact). This is a Pacific Wine Country Itinerary (LA to VANC).

Anyone have experience with this or similiar cabins? I understand that this cabin has a larger balcony. Noise or soot problems?

It’s been awhile since we were on the Royal. They were having a lot of soot problems with the stern facing balcony cabins. I haven’t heard The it was ever fixed. I knew someone in one and she had to move because of her asthma.

We did an Eastern Caribbean on the Regal Princess back in Dec. '15. We were in cabin E731, a Deluxe Premium Balcony. Both cabins face aft and yours is toward the port side while ours was towards starboard. I don't remember any issues with noise or soot. I looked at our pictures but couldn't find any of the cabin or the balcony. We spent a lot of time on the balcony going in and out of ports as well as on sea days. Enjoy your Pacific Wine Country cruise. We did that from Vancouver to LA in Sep '16.

Thanks for your reply. Have read about some soot on the aft balconies--it is something to consider; however, we've wanted to book an aft balcony for ages and finally decided to do it. In fact, we finally committed with the deposit today and changed to the same category (D4), but one deck up on Dolphin. Thought it might be quieter as the Emerald balcony cabin would be right above the Vista Lounge.

As time goes by, we'll check reviews and see if there are other remarks on the soot situation. With nearly 21 mos. to go until sail date, we could change our cabin location again...LOL...

We did an Eastern Caribbean on the Regal Princess back in Dec. '15. We were in cabin E731, a Deluxe Premium Balcony. Both cabins face aft and yours is toward the port side while ours was towards starboard. I don't remember any issues with noise or soot. I looked at our pictures but couldn't find any of the cabin or the balcony. We spent a lot of time on the balcony going in and out of ports as well as on sea days. Enjoy your Pacific Wine Country cruise. We did that from Vancouver to LA in Sep '16.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it. We actually changed to D730 on Dolphin deck. You actually posted while I was composing my post! Glad to hear you didn't experience soot or noise problems on your cruise and that you enjoyed the itinerary. Looking forward to seeing the "other coastline", since we live on the East Coast.

We also booked aft facing Deluxe Premium Balcony on Dolphin deck for next April(Mexico).

We picked it because it is mostly covered. Some of the aft facing ones are totally uncovered.

I am going to check it out this November since we will also be on the ship for a back to back.

Hope to see the balcony between cruises or if we see occupants of those cabins ask them.

Out balcony cabin will be close to the aft so easy to go down and take a look.

Will report back here.