Just back from Silver Spirit

unfathomable

When we were on board the Muse in September, all of the sandwiches had cheese on them. Oh okay, I could ask for it to be removed, I get that. The other plates had cheese, and many of the breakfast selections were yoghurt based. I know I am in the minority when it comes to cheese and yoghurt, but for me, the selections were very limited. I wish I had known about the chocolate truffles! That would have made up for any other shortcomings.

Speaking of chocolate truffles, the best chocolate dessert we ever tasted on Silversea was during the Andrea Bocelli dinner celebrating the 20th anniversary of Silversea. They were orange-sized chocolate concoctions which when opened had a lovely mousse inside. Simply heaven.

Emtbsam

I think the arts cafe is evolving.

I am so sorry you missed the chocolate truffles and some other insane chocolate desserts.

Confession. I wrapped some in plastic wrap and brought them home.

DH tried to eat them. NO!

So wonderful...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I get it.They have on my preferences that I am allergic to dairy. never have had a problem until this trip.

Arrived at the Main Dining Room(not called that anymore)I reminded our waiter that I am allergic to dairy.No problem we have it.My appetizer arrived with cheese smothered all over it.After 15 minutes he returned and asked why I had not eaten my food.Look at it.He looked confused did not get it.Removed the plate I did not want another.Ordered a Veal Chop how could I go wrong.Topped with butter.No one came by out table to ask about dinner or top off our wine or water.We got up and left.We did not eat there again.Service was awful to say the least.

This trip was a disaster .We have sailed SS 4 times before so we know what to expect.Yes we reported this to the Hotel Manager .This is a major issue for people with allergies.No air conditioning,the worse Butler on this planet and people who could not get our food right.Do you think we will be using our 25% ???No.

Thanks people for posting Arts Cafe pictures & Atlantide menu. I was beginning to get concerned reading the many posts. We loved our cruise on the old Spirit and have booked the Muse for 2019 with the same couple we cruised with on the Spirit. Won't be doing the $60 per person specialty restaurants on our shorter cruise. I will miss the old restaurant with its excellent service and varied changing menu.

When we were on board the Muse in September, all of the sandwiches had cheese on them. Oh okay, I could ask for it to be removed, I get that. The other plates had cheese, and many of the breakfast selections were yoghurt based. I know I am in the minority when it comes to cheese and yoghurt, but for me, the selections were very limited. I wish I had known about the chocolate truffles! That would have made up for any other shortcomings.

Speaking of chocolate truffles, the best chocolate dessert we ever tasted on Silversea was during the Andrea Bocelli dinner celebrating the 20th anniversary of Silversea. They were orange-sized chocolate concoctions which when opened had a lovely mousse inside. Simply heaven.

If I remember correctly the chocolate truffles went to bed at 10pm, so if you had a late dinner - no truffles!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is Atlantide open for breakfast? Or are the only choices La Terrazza and the Arts Café?
4 choices: Atlantide (full waiter service); La T (buffet plus waiter service for eggs cooked to order and drinks); Arts Cafe (counter plus waiter service); or room service. Room service and the Arts Cafe are available early; La T opening time varies, depending on whether there are early tour departures; Atlantide has slightly shorter opening.

How were the excursions on your voyage?
I should have thought to mention excursions, but we only did one and it was excellent. The shore concierge staff on board were really good too: Spirit gets four of them, and they were helpful, efficient and sociable too.

Thanks. Traveling with a friend in November who always enjoyed having breakfast in the MDR so he wanted to make sure there was a restaurant with waiter service that served breakfast. Atlantide will work!