DOS vs. OS on the Dawn

Gampy1967

I know that technically the Deluxe Owners Suite (SA) is considered an upgrade form the Owners Suite w/ 2 balconies (SB). My question is why? The total square ft of the OS is larger than the DOS and the amenities (3 bottles of liquor, etc.) are the same. The OS is also more expensive. Am I missing something that make the DOS a better cabin and/or upgrade over the OS?

Thanks.

We stayed in the Owner’s suite, before dry dock that added DOS - I would never stay in a cabin without a balcony, can anyone confirm if DOS has a balcony?

Some people like to be on as high a deck as possible, so would consider 12 an upgrade to deck 9 or 10 - we loved the OS, couldn’t beat the view from the FWD balcony

We stayed in the Owner’s suite, before dry dock that added DOS - I would never stay in a cabin without a balcony, can anyone confirm if DOS has a balcony?

Some people like to be on as high a deck as possible, so would consider 12 an upgrade to deck 9 or 10 - we loved the OS, couldn’t beat the view from the FWD balcony

The four DOS's on the DAWN do not have any balconies. I believe other ships DOS's do have balconies (but they don't have OS's)

On dawn and star they added them 2010 and 2011.

Other ships had dos so it was a time to add in the category for a premium price.

We did have outer dos on star to Alaska and it was great for that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On dawn and star they added them 2010 and 2011.

Other ships had dos so it was a time to add in the category for a premium price.

We did have outer dos on star to Alaska and it was great for that route.

They do look like excellent suites if you don't want a balcony but I just don't see how they are an upgrade from an OS w/ 2 balconies.

They do look like excellent suites if you don't want a balcony but I just don't see how they are an upgrade from an OS w/ 2 balconies.

They aren’t IMO having been in both.

The OS are almost always more $ DOS.

We have stayed in a DOS (12502) on the Star (should be the same layout as Dawn), and have booked 12002 for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. If you get 12502 or 12002, you can't beat the view! It's essentially the same as the captain's view. You have floor-to-ceiling windows the full length of the living room AND the bedroom, plus a view down the side of the ship looking toward the stern. We are happy to give up the balcony for the premium view. It just depends on which you enjoy the most. For us, it's the unobstructed view.

My wife and I love the OS with 2. We will be in an OS, on the Dawn, in late October. We love the space and the cabin feels like part of a classic cruise ship with its wood accents.

Are you folks on the Boston Quebec sailing 10/12 or perhaps the Quebec Boston sailing 10/19 ?

That is the B2B I am booked on.