Pride 04/15/18-Saffie Midgley CD

MicheinMA

Just saw the updated Cruise Director schedule and Saffie Midgley is listed as the CD for our upcoming cruise on the Pride in April. I did some searching on Saffie, haven't found much, how is she as a CD? We've had both ends of the spectrum in the past from Dr. E & John Heald to 2 CD's who's names I can't even remember. Not that it makes or breaks our cruise experience, just curious on what to expect.

Thanks!

Saffie was our CD on Pride this past July. I liked her - she had a good team. I ended up going to the Dr. Seuss parade and show (I was stading in the atrium watching the kids and one of the Fun Squad members handed me a noisemaker and said "You're in the parade.":D) Saffie was great with the kids and it really was fun watching her read "The Cat in the Hat." I also had the chance to meet her at the CC Meet and Greet and a Q&A session, and she was very approachable and candid in her responses to questions about the ship.

• 2 months later...

I'm on the pride now and I must say Saffie in my opinion is a great Cruise Director. She is extremely upbeat and down to earth. She has hosted several different events I attended and she was fabulous at getting everyone involved. Last night was Mardi Gras Party in the Atrium Lobby with dancing and beads and some well picked cruisers for Lip Sync Challenge. I never laughed so hard...it was hilarious....no, I think I did laugh harder at the Hairy Chest Contest up by the midship pool and main deck. Everyone really seemed to enjoy how Saffie moved this along and her choice of judges. She also did a great job at the Love & Marriage Quiz (like Mr & Mrs) in the Taj Mahal Theatre. I've heard her announce quizzes for kids, different competitions, parties here and there all over the ship. Her crew mixed well with cruisers and encouraged a lot of participation. You will have a lot of fun if she is CD on your cruise. Look up Saffie Carnival Pride as she posts photos and videos.