NHL/Caps Coverage

sprite

Hi all - for the first time ever, DH and I will be cruising during April and not our usual January time. So that means we'll be sailing during the start of the first round of the NHL playoffs.

Our first few cruises saw nothing but soccer 24/7 in the sports bar so we're wondering, will be able to see some NHL action? Can anyone report from recent cruises on the Carnival Pride?

We're big NHL/Capitals fans and would love to know! Thanks!

Hi all - for the first time ever, DH and I will be cruising during April and not our usual January time. So that means we'll be sailing during the start of the first round of the NHL playoffs.

Our first few cruises saw nothing but soccer 24/7 in the sports bar so we're wondering, will be able to see some NHL action? Can anyone report from recent cruises on the Carnival Pride?

We're big NHL/Capitals fans and would love to know! Thanks!

doubt you will find it. really sucks too, since the cap's never see the month of may, other than their annual team golf outing! Go Pens!

Just got off the Pride. The sports bar had all the NCAA basketball tournament games on. But, they were either on CBS, TBS, or TNT. Unless the NHL playoffs are going to be on prime channels (ESPN, ESPN2, the ones I mentioned, etc.), they won't be showing hockey.

If any of their first round games are on NBC you will be able to watch it from the comfort of your cabin, or the sports bar. Might not be on in the sports bar right away, they usually just leave whatever is on espn on, but if you ask nicely they should be able to get it on. But if there first round games are not on regular channel 4 NBC your s.o.l., there's no NBCsports or NHLnetwork at sea.

We were on the Pride last year during the playoffs, and it was the Rangers/Caps series. NBC games were on, as for all the others, had to watch the sports tracker that has updates. There were some Caps fans all excited in the beginning, but in the end our rangers were leading the series.

Go Rangers

Since MLB regular season starts tomorrow, DH is hoping to catch a game or 2 while on board (we sail on Easter on Pride)...Dodgers are his team. Should I tell him he'll have to figure out how to survive 7 whole days without seeing his precious boys in blue?? LOL

Since MLB regular season starts tomorrow, DH is hoping to catch a game or 2 while on board (we sail on Easter on Pride)...Dodgers are his team. Should I tell him he'll have to figure out how to survive 7 whole days without seeing his precious boys in blue?? LOL

There are six months over the course of the year to cruise without it coinciding with baseball season. So, does he have himself or you to blame for this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Well we're Caps fans win or lose so we just have to deal (which we're really good at!). By the way, I would never take my 8 and 10 yo kids to a bar, but a cruise ship bar is a little different. In the past we could all sit at tables near the bar, as long as they weren't sitting "at the bar". Anyone know if that's the case on Pride's sports bar?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

There are six months over the course of the year to cruise without it coinciding with baseball season. So, does he have himself or you to blame for this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Ummm, "yes dear" doesn't mean he's super excited about cruising during baseball season?? ;p

In all seriousness, between our 2 kids school schedules and an extended family vacation we already have planned during the summer, spring break was the only time we could do it. He's truly okay with it, and has accepted that he will likely not see any Dodger baseball while we are away.

BTW - We're from SNJ too - Marlton