Free i-messaging on Grandeur?

sardam

We just got off the Anthem and are looking at the Grandeur next. I was pleasantly surprised that there is a bit of a leak with the wifi and my i-messaging worked the entire cruise. I have heard that there are a few very basic things that will continue to work without any package. I even got my phone bill yesterday which confirmed I wasn't roaming or anything and had no fees for it on the ship. Is this fleet wide or just an Anthem thing? Anyone off the Grandeur recently able to confirm for it specifically? Thanks

We just got off the Anthem and are looking at the Grandeur next. I was pleasantly surprised that there is a bit of a leak with the wifi and my i-messaging worked the entire cruise. I have heard that there are a few very basic things that will continue to work without any package. I even got my phone bill yesterday which confirmed I wasn't roaming or anything and had no fees for it on the ship. Is this fleet wide or just an Anthem thing? Anyone off the Grandeur recently able to confirm for it specifically? Thanks

That kind of anomoly has not been reported from Grandeur. So far it's only from ships that offer the Royal IQ app, which Grandeur does not.

That kind of anomoly has not been reported from Grandeur. So far it's only from ships that offer the Royal IQ app, which Grandeur does not.

Also we found when on Anthem that one must have the Royal IQ app loaded and working on their Apple device for I-messaging to work in the background when not logged on to the Voom internet.

Also we found when on Anthem that one must have the Royal IQ app loaded and working on their Apple device for I-messaging to work in the background when not logged on to the Voom internet.

Appreciate the info, I'm not sure I've seen that reported from others. Could be they loaded the app and were unaware it was running in the background.