Zuiderdam Baltic Cruise comments

seapointer

I submitted my review, of our July cruise, over a week ago but it has not been posted. So I want to list a few comments:

1. Pre cruise package had us assigned to a hotel in Copenhagen that was in the suburbs, not downtown. The Scandic Sythaven was clean and modern but not acceptable as to location and lack of normal amenities. For example: not a single drawer in the room or toilet, no shelves, and a small closet that might hold 5 or 6 garments.

2. Embarkation was orderly and delays were minimal.

3. The ship is in excellent shape and has added the music walk concept. Our Signature Suite was spacious and comfortable with new furniture (but still with crappy shower curtains). TV was limited to 6 channels of news and sports, and wifi was dreadfully slow.

4. Food was hit or miss. Some nights there were problems with entrees being lukewarm or worse. Appetizers, soups and desserts were generally excellent. Pinnacle was great and Canaletto was very good. For the first time in all our cruises, we actually found the Lido superior to the MDR.

5. Entertainment was pretty good at the music walk venues, but the production shows and stand up comic were disappointing and formulaic. The BB King group was fabulous, except for needing to expand their play list to the demands of a 10 day cruise. The Lincoln Center group was surprisingly innovative and it was hard to get a seat for their shows by the end of the cruise.

6. Excursions were pricey but generally well organized and interesting, particularly the evening tour of the Hermitage.

In conclusion, I gave it a 4 out of 5, mainly because of some disappointment with the MDR.