Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:14 PM.
North Carolina
43 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
I apologize if I'm starting something that's in another thread but I couldn't find it.

Can anyone tell me what drinks are included in the main dining room? Are juices part of it or just water and tea?

Also, does anyone know about what it costs to purchase a drink (coke, etc) on board? My daughter and I don't drink many soft drinks so I don't think bottomless bubbles will be worth the cost but if we were to want one with dinner one night? Also if you order one at dinner and have it refilled - are you charges for the drink once or each time it's refilled? I'm trying to figure it out bc of a soft drink cost something crazy like $6-7/ drink then maybe it would be worth purchasing bottomless bubbles even if we only had a few. Husband and son - no doubt they will drink their money's worth!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
KS
3,387 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Drinks served at dinner- water, iced tea, regular coffee. We've had to ask wait staff for tea & coffee- they don't automatically bring it. As for soft drinks, like Coke- your wait staff will send a bar server to your table. Soft drink choices are limited, but they will bring you the can & a glass of ice for about $2.50. It has been 2 yrs since we've sailed CCL, that was the price then. I believe they have Coke products (Diet Coke, Sprite, ginger ale & sometimes Mr Pibb, maybe Rootbeer)

To save money, we carry on a few cans of soda. Bottled sodas are not allowed any longer, nor bottled water. If I am not mistaken, canned soda can be brought on at embarkation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Coming up**
Miracle to Hawaii- Dec 2, 2017 - 15 days - Platinum
Past Cruises:
*Splendor/Feb 26 2017- 7 days -slow cruise, missed ports.
*Freedom/Sept, 2016/W Caribbean - 7 days
*Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam - April 10,2016 Panama Canal- Full transit -19days
*Dream-April,2014/repo-9 days
*Breeze/Oct2013/E Caribbean-8 days
*Dream/Nov2012/W Caribbean-7 days
*Legend/Dec2011/W Caribbean-7 days
*Conquest/Feb 2011/W Caribbean- 7 days
*Pride/Nov 2008/Mexican Riviera- 7 days
*Valor/March 2008/E Caribbean- 7 days
*Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas/Alaska/July 2007- 7 days
Texas
3,029 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
In the MDR juices are included with breakfast/ brunch but not with evening meals. You pay bar prices and I am sorry I can't remember what it was.

Milk, tea, lemonade, coffee and water are included with evening meals. Carbonated beverages are $2.28. My experience is you are provided with the can so refills are not free.

The Bottomless bubbles package is priced such that if you drink 3 per day it is cost effective. However, you do not get the can. You get a glass/cup with soda over ice.

Remember, you also have the option of bringing a up to a 12 pack per person (CANS ONLY) in your carry on luggage.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Conquest September 18, 2011(7day)Carnival Triumph Feb. 12, 2012 (5day) Carnival Magic Sept 6,2012 (7day) Carnival Miracle July 16, 2013(7day) Carnival Magic Sept. 8, 2013(7day) Carnival Conquest Nov 16, 2013 (8day) Carnival Miracle April 28,2014 (8day) Carnival Magic Sept. 28,2014 (7day) Carnival Freedom Feb.2, 2015 (12 day Repo) Carnival Triumph June 29, 2015 ( 5day)Carnival Freedom December 5, 2015 (7day)Carnival Splendor May 26,2016 (9day)Carnival Breeze Nov 20, 2016 (7day)Carnival Breeze Nov 27, 2016 (7day)Carnival Pride Feb.26, 2017 (14 day repo)Carnival Miracle September 2, 2017 (14 day) Carnival Breeze December 10, 2017 (7day)Carnival Splendor (13 day) January 14,2018 Carnival Valor (4 day) March 29,2018

San Diego
8,501 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
You can take juice from the buffet in the AM and put it into the fridge in your room for later in the day.
You can bring cans of soda on board with you if you like.
You can also get juice and milk and chocolate milk from room service 24hrs a day for free.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Coral Princess Panama Canal December 7,2018

Carnival Splendor April 13,2019-Yearly Mexican Honeymoon
Oceania Insignia November 9,2019-Cuba Adventure!

North Carolina
43 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
One more question....

If we all decide to go the bottomless bubbles route - is there any need to bring a cup? Like a tervis (we use these at home by the pool, etc) - will we be able to have them fill them up with soft drinks? Even if just tea or lemonade on lido - can we fill these or do we have to use their cups?

296 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by CrazyPartyOf4
One more question....

If we all decide to go the bottomless bubbles route - is there any need to bring a cup? Like a tervis (we use these at home by the pool, etc) - will we be able to have them fill them up with soft drinks? Even if just tea or lemonade on lido - can we fill these or do we have to use their cups?

No need to bring your own cup, they will give you one. However it isn't thermal so the ice will melt swiftly. If you do bring your own I'm not 100% sure they will fill your cup directly at the bars or give you a ship one, that you will than have to poor into yours.

I do know that from the lemonade stand they want you to use their cups from the machine and than pour into your cup. They are trying to avoid germ transference to their machinery. So bring along a big thermal cup if you like, but be prepared to poor your drinks from their cups to your own.

Lastly if you fly into port and you don't want to run around buying cans to carryon you can buy some cans through carnival, that will be waiting for you in your room. Not as cheap as buying your own and bringing them but if your only going to have 1 maybe 2 per day, it's still cheaper than bubbles.

Have fun!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Texas
53 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
One more question....

I usually buy a carnival tumbler once on board, I like to have the souvenir, and have no problems with bars filling them. I hang on to lid and straw and they fill it with soda.
Arizona
1,671 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
One more question....

We brought our own insulated cups and the bar staff would fill them for us when we had bottomless bubbles.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sharon

“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
― Anthony Bourdain

Eastern Caribbean - 7 day
- NCL Bliss 11/24/18 (Upcoming)
Canada & New England - 7 day - NCL Escape 10/07/18 (Upcoming)
Baja Mexico - 4 day - CCL Inspiration 11/27/17
Pacific Coastal - 7 day - RCI Explorer of the Seas 09/15/17
Hawaii round trip from Los Angeles - 15 day - CCL Miracle 11/26/16
Bermuda - 7 day - NCL Dawn 10/16/15
Panama Canal - 15 day - NCL Sun 10/11/14
Bermuda - 7 day - NCL Breakaway 09/15/13
Pacific Coastal - 7 day - NCL Jewel 05/08/13
Western Caribbean - 12 day - NCL Star 04/15/12
Hawaii round trip from Los Angeles - 15 day - CCL Spirit 12/02/11
Western Caribbean - 7 day B2B part 2 - NCL Sun 11/13/10
Eastern Caribbean - 7 day B2B part 1 - NCL Sun 11/06/10
Mexico / Sea of Cortez - 11 day - NCL Sun 10/23/09