Bringing wine onboard during the cruise.

TSM AND JP

I know that when boarding the ship during embarkation, each passenger is allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine on board without paying corkage. However, I was wondering when visiting ports during the cruise, are we allowed to bring on 1 bottle purchased from that port for consumption in our cabin?

Princess' policy sure seems to indicate that you may carry-on only on embarcation. However, there are numerous reports, here on Cruise Critic, of people bringing wine on board after port stops.

I have brought wine on board after numerous port stops--most recently, Juneau, AK, last month. I was pleased to find a little store that had some fairly good wines at very reasonable prices. No problem walking on with it.

That being said, it would not surprise me at all if the rules are different at different ports.

I say go ahead and try it. The worst that can happen is they take it from you when you reboard and store it for you until the night before disembarcation.

In some Caribbean ports, I was able to bring a bottle of wine without being held or charged for corkage. Not sure if it’s the norm or not just being strict. But I do ask the security staff at the gangway before getting off and bring a bottle onboard when told that it’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums