Carnival Hubb Ap

BonnieSte

There is a messaging function, although we found (in December, 2016, on the Magic) that messages were often not delivered for a long time after they were sent. Perhaps someone with more recent experience can tell us how it went for them.

There is a messaging function, although we found (in December, 2016, on the Magic) that messages were often not delivered for a long time after they were sent. Perhaps someone with more recent experience can tell us how it went for them.

Thank you

I used the app last week on the Triumph and found it to be very helpful. Some of the features include an interactive ship's map, updated daily activities list, and "where can I dine now" link. I did not pay $5 to use the chat feature because I read that the app must be open to receive the message.

I used the app last week on the Triumph and found it to be very helpful. Some of the features include an interactive ship's map, updated daily activities list, and "where can I dine now" link. I did not pay $5 to use the chat feature because I read that the app must be open to receive the message.

Thank you for the info!

Just got off the Pride and used the app and the messaging and had no problems. The cost is a one time fee of $5/device for the length of the cruise. We like the fun Times feature along with access to the menus and other events.

Just got off the Pride and used the app and the messaging and had no problems. The cost is a one time fee of $5/device for the length of the cruise. We like the fun Times feature along with access to the menus and other events.

Do you need to keep data on? If so, did you get any data charges from your phone company?

The $5 cost is only if you want to use the chat (messaging) feature. There is no charge to use the other features of the Hub.

The boyfriend and I used the Carnival Hub app when we sailed in September. We each paid the fee to use the chat feature and it was extremely helpful whenever we wanted to go do our own thing on the ship. You did not need to keep the app open to receive your messages, it popped up on my iPhone as a notification (like an actual text, sorta). Also, we did not have any trouble with the messages not sending or receiving. It does not use your data or roaming since your phone is kept in airplane mode and it works through the ship wifi (and, no, you do not need to purchase a wifi package for this).

The boyfriend and I used the Carnival Hub app when we sailed in September. We each paid the fee to use the chat feature and it was extremely helpful whenever we wanted to go do our own thing on the ship. You did not need to keep the app open to receive your messages, it popped up on my iPhone as a notification (like an actual text, sorta). Also, we did not have any trouble with the messages not sending or receiving. It does not use your data or roaming since your phone is kept in airplane mode and it works through the ship wifi (and, no, you do not need to purchase a wifi package for this).

ScottyZ, thanks for sharing this. These are much better results than we got last December on the Dream. This gives me confidence for trying the app this December on the Conquest. I really appreciate hearing your results.

My wife and I used the Hub app too as well as the chat feature. The chat feature worked fine if you have your notification sounds turned up loud. You also may have to reboot it it a few times too. That info came from Carnival personnel. For $5 a pop, you can't beat it if you want chat.

I used this a couple weeks ago on the Vista and paid for the chat portion for $5 had my phone on airplane mode and it worked flawlessly. Great tool, tells you what is happening, your account details on your sign and sail card, and there were dinner menus on it as well so you could take a peek at them prior to getting into the dinning room.

We've used the Hub app on different ships. As others have stated, the $5 fee is only if you wish to chat with others on board through the app. The app itself is free to use through the ship wifi, which is also free to use. You use it in airplane mode, so no worries about data or roaming charges. We found the messaging to be hit & miss as far as getting timely notifications. Loved checking our S&S account on the app. We also used it regularly for restaurant times and activities schedules. The one drawback was it didn't have our meet & greet in the fun times on the app. Since we were not aware that everything wasn't on the app, we didn't look at the paper version of the fun times & missed the meet & greet.

Used it again last week on the Breeze. Like others have stated sometimes it’s fast other times I might not get the message until the next day once I opened the app. Does work well when immediately responding to a message and I love the notifications once you “like” an upcoming listed activity. Also really like the Account Summary, Weather and Dinner Menus, worked well with my Apple Watch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used the app 2 weeks ago while on the Carnival Sensation. I did not pay extra ( $5) for the chat feature. The weather updates, menus of what the MDR are serving were very handy.

I used my social wi package I purchased to keep in touch with my cruise roommate. I used the Instgram app's chat feature.

The hub app is much improved from last year. Just off the glory and while the WiFi sucked the hub app was snappy and had almost all the info I needed a quick swipe away. Adding menus was a welcome addition and the app was very responsive. Did not use the chat function

ScottyZ, thanks for sharing this. These are much better results than we got last December on the Dream. This gives me confidence for trying the app this December on the Conquest. I really appreciate hearing your results.

I don't think the Dream had the app in December.

Edited by Kittybork
changed mind