So, I did it ...

ArtsyCraftsy

Just wanted to follow up:

I received quotes from Steve at TravelInsuranceStore last evening and ended up going with his recommendations for both of my 2018 trips.

Bottom line: I saved over $5,000 across both trips, the bulk of that on the Regent quote. Purchased everything online, and I'm set to go. I did spend some time doing a comparison of coverages between the cruise lines' policies and the Travelex policies, and found no downsides at all.

So a huge thanks to rallydave and WesW for the recommendation! I'm sending Steve the info for my 2019 cruises this evening and I'll see what he can do with those.

We have used Steve as well and found him to be an excellent resource. Many of the policies aren’t sold more than a year in advance, but Steve laid out recommendations for when they would be available. This is particularly complicated if you need a waiver for preexisting conditions as purchase of the policy needs to be within X days of your initial deposit.

ArtsyCraftsy. Very happy that you started this thread. A lot of information that you secured via input from others and your own research will be very helpful to those of us that have not cruised with Regent yet.

I went to the TripInsuranceStore and checked some potential dates and liked the ability to compare the 9 different plans that was offered.

I hope that you keep us posted on your progress with your upcoming Regent cruise and especially reporting on your actual cruise when it occurs.

So Ken, does this mean you made a decision on a cruise you are going on? You were on the MSC board for a long time, comparing them to Celebrity and Regent and have certainly been very active recently on this Board. Are you going on a Regent cruise or still “Exploring”?