Hawaii Weather (March/April) NCL Pride of America

I've visited Maui during September (humid) to say the least. I'm taking a cruise the end of March through the beginning of April. If anyone has previously taken cruise during March / April around Hawaii, please give me some ideas on the weather, temperature on the boat ex. light sweater or jacket needed and any other good old advice is appreciated. :-)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Inside the ship the weather should be what it might be in most locations. Always a good idea to have items you can layer just in case you get chilly. In my case tend to be chilly when someone else might feel warm.

Off the ship we have experienced nice weather sailing Hawaii in March/April. We have experienced weather that is typically a low around 70 and highs in the 80's. It could be sunny, overcast or you may hit rain but that is weather. Overall it has been a delight.

Keith

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We did a Hawaiian cruise one year at the end of March through the first part of April. It was on HAL -- round trip out of San Diego. The first couple of days out of San Diego and the last couple of days returning to San Diego the seas were rough and it was chilly out on the decks.

Once we got to the islands we had a lot of rain and many excursions were cancelled. Hope you have better weather.

Our previous Hawaii cruise was on a month of May. It was rough sailing on the first 2 days going to Hawaii but was calm the rest of the sailing. Out of 4 ports, the last port was cancelled due to weather. Hope yours will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We traveled to Hawaii in April...I was chilly almost the entire time! Not freezing, but those trade winds really were cool, especially at night! Probably in the 70's most evenings.

Saw many mama and baby whales that time of year. The "late-bloomers" apparently! Very cool!