Oasis Deck 8 8308 (superior ocean view with balcony)

firsttimerSA

Hi all,

We'll be on the Oasis on the August 13th cruise (EC). I'm so excited! I have only done a cruise once before on a much older MSC liner many years ago so this is a real treat.

Can anyone tell me about deck 8 rooms? I have seen the 360 tour, and it looks great, but I am thinking specifically about if there may be a noise issue that anyone is aware of?

We had nothing to do with the room booking so I hope its a goodie! :p

Also, my DH is a smoker (although he is trying deperately to quit before we cruise). Does anyone know if smoking is permitted on the balcony of this room in case he doesnt manage?

These boards have been so useful. Thanks in advance!

South African First Timer.

Welcome to cruise critic! Wow your cruise will be so different than your previous MSC cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise. It's hard to tell if you would have noise or not, as you did not give your room number. There are ten different categories of staterooms on deck eight. but deck 8 has staterooms above and below so just based on that you could have some quiet. (unless the folks above like to do some river dancing after midnight):eek:

We were in a D1 on the hump on Oasis and heard no noise. We were on the other side of Central Park but there are hallways between the park and the rooms. We have booked a deck 8 (D8) room on the Allure for November. We like to be close to Central Park and the Park cafe!!

Archived