Bringing a wheelchair

sun_lovin!1

Will the taxis accommodate a wheelchair in Antigua? I'm taking my mother to Nicole's Table and wonder if the taxis are used to handling wheelchairs. TIA. Michelle

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Try St.Johns Taxi Association

http://www.visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-directory/evans-ellis-st-johns-taxi-association/

The contact email is

stjohnstaxi@hotmail.com

Hope you find something

The excursion isn't wheelchair friendly so we will only be taking her rollator walker at this port. I have contacted each of the other tour operators individually and they all will accommodate a wheelchair. One company is giving our family a private tour in a wheelchair accessible van. I am very pleased overall with the responses regarding bringing a wheelchair for my mother!

The excursion isn't wheelchair friendly so we will only be taking her rollator walker at this port. I have contacted each of the other tour operators individually and they all will accommodate a wheelchair. One company is giving our family a private tour in a wheelchair accessible van. I am very pleased overall with the responses regarding bringing a wheelchair for my mother!

So pleased for you all.

Out of interest for others with a mobility requirement, could you post the name, details etc of your final taxi/tour selection?

It was Nicole's Table that wouldn't work with the wheelchair because her home has multiple levels. The other excursions that will accommodate Tue wheelchair are in other ports on this cruise - Thenford Grey Tours in St Kitts, Cosol Tours in St Lucia and Silvermoon in Barbados. Everyone I contacted has been wonderful. Special Needs at Sea is where we are renting the wheelchair from. It will be in our cabin upon arrival.