Travel with minors who are not your own

burnsie

I read recently that there is a letter on the boards for permission to travel with a minor that is not yours. I have done a search but can not find it.

We are traveling with our granddaughter in Sept. Does anyone have a letter they have used, that they will share?

Thank you in advance.

Here is a sample letter from Royal's Aussie website:

http://www.royalcaribbeaninternational.com.au/rcfilelibrary/consent_form_au.pdf

The Consent Form above appears to cover the necessary information, including medical treatment and waivers for activities. Perhaps RCI or your TA can provide a US form for you. I didn't see one on the cruiseline's website, but here is info from the site regarding traveling with a minor. Enjoy your cruise!

What if I'm traveling with a minor and I'm not the parent or legal guardian - Royal Caribbean International Q: What if I'm traveling with a minor and I'm not the parent or legal guardian? A: Adults who are not the parent or legal guardian of a minor traveling with them must present an original notarized letter signed by the child's parent(s), authorizing the adult to take the child on the specific cruise, supervise the child and allow emergency medical treatment to be administered.

s.gifWhat travel documents and identification will I need for domestic sailings - Royal Caribbean International The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation. Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child.