Prepaid Bar Credits

We are set to go on our first cruise in four years in December on the Dream. After I booked the cruise, I was going through our folders of documents from four years ago and came across four sleeves of the prepaid bar credits. I called Customer Service, who told me I needed to call the Fun Shops. Long story, short, not a single person could remember this program, nor could they tell me if I could still use them or not. Does anyone have experience with these recently, whether they will accept them or not? I could argue that they have to take them because there is no expiration data on the coupons, but I don't know who I would need to contact to see if these work or not. Any help would be appreciated.

I remember them but apparently Carnival has a big turn over and they do not remember. This program ended before Cheers so it has been awhile. I would email the guest care to see if they could give you an answer. I hope they will honor them. good luck!

Never heard of them, and I sailed Carnival regularly for several years up until 2007. We are returning to Carnival with two cruises booked for 2019 and 2020. For my 2019 cruise, I been buying bar credits through my Carnival Mastercard using reward points to purchase them. For every 5,000 points I can buy $50 bar credits. I’m up to $150 in bar credits now. Once I’m done using the points for that cruise, I will move on to buying for the 2020 cruise. BTW—-most of the cost of my 2019 cruise ($1926) was paid with reward points—-$1200 worth of reward points!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The deadline to use the old bar coupon strips was February of this year. Some of the Bar and Beverage managers on board do remember them. Since the deadline has passed, all you can do once on board is ask if bar management will apply the value of the coupons you still have as a bar credit.

We had 1 strip left this past Jan. the Asst. Beverage manager applied them to our folio as if they were Bar Cruise Cash for the old face value of $5.75/ticket. We retained the header w/ 1 coupon for scrapbooking purposes.