Carnival Liberty

trfccruiser

We were on Liberty last October and it is one of our favorites. I really liked the decor and the color changing lighting everywhere. Trivial, I know, but we liked it. The serenity area is nice on this ship but get there early. One "secret" is the barbecue place where the Fish & Chips used to be above the main buffet area. There are stairs at the rear of the buffet that go up there and early in the cruise it was mostly empty since most people had not found it yet. We thought the food was pretty good there. Not as good as your favorite place back home probably, but very good. It is also a good place to find a seat during breakfast or lunch when the buffet area is crowded. Also, right at the foot of those stairs that go up is a small buffet area. We found that during the breakfast rush this one was usually not crowded and had most of the breakfast staples including bacon. You can get a good basic breakfast there if you want to avoid the lines. I am not sure if they are still on board but the string trio in the atrium was one of the highlights. These young people are amazingly talented and we listened to them for hours, especially in the evenings before and after dinner.

We were on Liberty last October and it is one of our favorites. I really liked the decor and the color changing lighting everywhere. Trivial, I know, but we liked it. The serenity area is nice on this ship but get there early. One "secret" is the barbecue place where the Fish & Chips used to be above the main buffet area. There are stairs at the rear of the buffet that go up there and early in the cruise it was mostly empty since most people had not found it yet. We thought the food was pretty good there. Not as good as your favorite place back home probably, but very good. It is also a good place to find a seat during breakfast or lunch when the buffet area is crowded. Also, right at the foot of those stairs that go up is a small buffet area. We found that during the breakfast rush this one was usually not crowded and had most of the breakfast staples including bacon. You can get a good basic breakfast there if you want to avoid the lines. I am not sure if they are still on board but the string trio in the atrium was one of the highlights. These young people are amazingly talented and we listened to them for hours, especially in the evenings before and after dinner.

Hi many thanks for all the suggestions really appreciated.

Hi I'm sorry I have another question please. We've added the Cheers package and bottomless bubbles for my younger daughter.

Is it right that the Cheers package is automatically added but i have to activate the Bottomless Bubbles?If so,where do you activate it on board, please? Thanks.

I don't think either of them are automatically activated so to speak. When you board, stop at the first bar you see and order a drink for each of you and hand them your cards and they will put the stickers on them. Very easy. I don't know how young your daughter is but my son (12) and I enjoyed doing karaoke together. Also, take your daughter to the evening kids club event that first night if she is in the teen or preteen age range. In Circle C they did ice breakers and the kids kind of broke up into groups and made their friendships that first night. After that they sort of losely met at the times for activities but they kind of did their own thing. That is really good advice about the BBQ place by the way. We liked the show Flik. We didn't figure it out until the last day and maybe we got lucky but some of the photographers they have set up around dinner time are really talented. We stopped on a whim and actually bought the rights to one of the photos they took and use it as my son's headshot for auditions. It is simply stunning.

Hi Nevadajen,thanks for your helpful reply. My daughter is 16 so I reckon she will resist suggested to go Teen Club,but thanks for mentioning it. I read somewhere that recently your cruise cards are outside your stateroom and until then you have a boarding card. I hope this means we can still get a drink (included in our package) before we get our cruise card!Not that I'm obsessed or anything but the packages aren't cheap!

Hey I see you are from Concord, I live in Winston, so yeah the BBQ is manageable on the cruise. Wish they kept fish and chips though.

my CCL tips:

take advantage of the guy fieri burger place. my favorite lunch place at sea.

love the dive in movies.

try your hand at trivia, kinda fun to win a ship on a stick.

I like most of the live shows the CD hosts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hi thanks for the tips,much appreciated

We really enjoyed the Liberty.

The Blue Iguana Cantina makes the best breakfast burritos!

Guys burgers are delicious

Our favorite meal was at the steakhouse. we went the first night of cruising and got a free bottle of wine. Food was amazing. I was stuffed after we left!

Check out the shows. They are a lot of fun.

Art auction is a fun way to spend a few hours. (I always end up with something...)

What time can we get on ship on Thursday cruise?We were given 12:30. But usually get on around 11 on other cruise lines.

;0 but usually get on around 11 on other cruise lines.

If she is 16 definately have her go to the teen club open house thing the first night. We had a few teens at our dining table and they actually seemed to be having a great time. Its like they all met their groups the first night. The teens in our dinner table were not in the same clique but I would hear them asking, "Are you guys going to the scavenger hunt tonight?" or various things that made it clear the the cliques hung together and then faded in and out of the organized activities. If she hates it and makes no friends the first night, she doesn't need to go again. My son was in the circle C group and this particular group of cruising kids was very "young" compared to him and he did not find a group on our 4 day cruise, but it didn't kill him to go the first night and he still knew kids on the ship to say hi to and they would often invite him to join him when he ran into them in the hallways.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Liberty a couple weeks ago. We had a great time. Your cards are in your box by the door, but yes, you can get drinks in the package with your boarding pass. I thought check in at the Orlando port was very smooth. After my research, I was excited for the Alchemy bar, and it was everything I had hoped for. The drinks there are great and it was a nice little place to just sit and chat. We met several people there and definitely the best drinks. They will make you whatever you like, in addition to the drinks on the menu. The ladies there are very creative and we very much liked Jelena.

I also liked the Blue Iguana Cantina (food part) and Guy's burgers, definitely must stops. My daughter and I split a burger and fries at Guy's so we didn't fill up and could try other things - very good.

We went to the Steakhouse first night and it was great. The value of the free bottle of wine is diminished if you have the cheer's package IMHO. I can get better wine by the glass that the bottle they will give you.

We didn't get off the ship in Nassau and really enjoyed the activities in the lobby area - trivia and yahtzee. we won Yahtzee and have a prized Carnival Liberty trophy.

The comedy club is great - as always, get there a little early for seats

I enjoyed being in the piano bar, but the guy wasn't my favorite (sorry for those who enjoyed him). He was okay - not sad we went.

There is an adult only pool, and it is monitored. The seating area is NOT adult only, just the pool.

We enjoyed breakfast in the dining room. I was disappointed in our dining room service though. it wasn't bad, but apparently my name is now Laura. only a three night cruise, we everything was fine....

Went to the show on the last evening (Rock and Roll show) and it was good.

Just enjoy.....but DO NOT MISS THE ALCHEMY BAR

Use your bar code on your boarding pass prior to getting your ship card quote=philhar;56443345]Hi Nevadajen,thanks for your helpful reply. My daughter is 16 so I reckon she will resist suggested to go Teen Club,but thanks for mentioning it. I read somewhere that recently your cruise cards are outside your stateroom and until then you have a boarding card. I hope this means we can still get a drink (included in our package) before we get our cruise card!Not that I'm obsessed or anything but the packages aren't cheap!