Internet Packages

eroller

I'm considering an internet package for my upcoming SEASIDE cruise in January.

My question is regarding devices. In the MSC Cruises USA brochure, it states the Steamer Package provides full internet access for up to 4 devices, up to 340 MB per day / 1.5 GB per cruise. The price is $79.90 for the cruise.

When I look at internet options for my booking (see screen shot below), it shows the Streamer Package, but says nothing about multiple devices and the limit is different. It shows 1800 MB's maximum for the cruise.

Does anyone know if multiple devices are actually allowed with this package, and why the maximum amount is different from the brochure and website?

27105662119_e6d311ef77_o.png

Purchased a pkg for our cruise on Meraviglia 6 weeks ago, yes we could have as much as 4 devices. We each had an iPad and used them.

Thank you! I also heard from a friend onboard SEASIDE that the package I referenced supports multiple devices. I sure wish it would specify so on the package description.

You get 4 devices. I had that same question and actually got a knowledgeable person on the phone to confirm it.

One thing they didn't tell me when I boarded, when you log on the first time, you don't choose to "purchase" the package from the selections that show up. You have to create an account using the internet ID that already appears on your cruise card, and then log on using that ID and password.

Each device will use that same ID and password, and each of the devices will be listed on your login page

The guy at the concierge desk also very nicely showed me how to keep that login page bookmarked so I could start and stop my sessions easily, and advised me to turn off "refresh apps in the background" so I wouldn't be wasting data.

I ended up using only about 2/3 of the streamer plus package, but it was nice to not have to worry about it.

Good luck!

You get 4 devices. I had that same question and actually got a knowledgeable person on the phone to confirm it.

One thing they didn't tell me when I boarded, when you log on the first time, you don't choose to "purchase" the package from the selections that show up. You have to create an account using the internet ID that already appears on your cruise card, and then log on using that ID and password.

Each device will use that same ID and password, and each of the devices will be listed on your login page

The guy at the concierge desk also very nicely showed me how to keep that login page bookmarked so I could start and stop my sessions easily, and advised me to turn off "refresh apps in the background" so I wouldn't be wasting data.

I ended up using only about 2/3 of the streamer plus package, but it was nice to not have to worry about it.

Good luck!

Great info. Thank you so much!

Yes multiple devices. The MSC website isn't the greatest. We bought the big package and were disappointed to have to cut back on our usage since something was using the internet rapidly. We mainly used it to Google things about our upcoming ports and would wait to post pics etc once in port at free WiFi which is numerous around Europe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

On the Australia Website, all but the Surfer Cruiser Plus package (Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web (No Audio and Video) browsing up to 1000 MBs + an exclusive 20% more data (total amount 1200 MBs) has now disappeared ....wonder if its just a glitch or another thing that is being removed for presale?

Whoa- wait. I just bought 2 Surfer Cruise Plus packages for myself and my son, so we can text each other. If I buy one package, I can connect (text, browse, etc) on 4 devices?! E.g. my phone and my kid's ipad? Also, does anyone know if your Iphones Imessage will work or do you have to login to a web-based chat service?

Surfer Cruise Plus

Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web (No Audio and Video) browsing up to 800 MBs + an esclusive 20% more data (total amount 960 MBs)

• 2 weeks later...
The Social package seems to have disappeared from the options on my Seaside booking. So now I have to choose the more expensive Surfer package, even though I don't care about surfing the internet while I'm onboard. :(

I talked to an agent about that yesterday. She said you should be able to purchase that package once on board.

Good luck!

Are you able to track your usage throughout the week?