Place to store luggage in Barcelona

Kfamilycruise

... if you could state the area that'd be great, otherwise, in a city which is 40 sq miles.... :) And also the date, it's not the same a weekday than a weekend day.

Very good points Enric! Thanks so much for pointing it out. We are coming in on Thursday, June 15th and staying at Carrer de l'Encarnació, 10 entresuelo

Barcelona, Catalunya 08012

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Duh! :)

That address is a the heart of the Gràcia district, an area I particularly like for its homeliness and town-like ambience.

Some considerations:

While traditionally there haven't been that many places you can store your luggage in the city, as most hotels do that so there was little point to it, other than the train stations and maybe a couple of places in the centre, with the explosion of airbnb and other tourist apartments companies in the city some shops that offer baggage storage have started to pop up in different areas. Having said that, their number is yet small and outside the centre, some won't be open until 10am.

I know this is a cruise forum, but are you "arriving" at the airport or at the port?

If at the aiport...

Being six of you, you can't take a regular taxi (max 4 pax) BUT you can take a minivan-type taxi, which is only marginally more expensive (peanuts really). For that, when it's your turn in the taxi queue outside the terminal, simply ask the taxi marshall for a minivan-taxi and he'll call up one. A regular taxi trip to Gràcia should be around 35€ (traffic permitting), this option might be around 40€ instead. HOWEVER I don't recall any baggage storage place in Gràcia... not necessarily that there aren't, simply that I don't recall one.

Another option is the Aerobus direct shuttle to Plaça Catalunya (35'), in the centre. It's 6€ per pax but then from there you'd have to take the metro or the bus to Gràcia and then walk 400-500 yards to the apartment. If you were to do this, once you get to Plaça Catalunya, at literally 200 yards, in Carrer d'Estruc, 36, you have a baggage storage shop (http://lockerbarcelona.com/). You could eventually drop your luggage there and go for a first walk into El Gòtic quarter and see, for example, Palau de la Música Catalana (http://infocatalonia.eu/w/c7ZgA) which is literally five minutes from there. Once you're ready to go to Gràcia, in Passeig de Gràcia you could catch either bus #22 or #24 or take the metro L3 (green) in Plaça de Catalunya to Fontana station and then walk to the apartment.

https://maps.tmb.cat/ca/bus and tick the # of the bus line to see the itinerary and this for the metro map: http://www.mapametrobarcelona.net/mapas-metro/mapa-metro-barcelona-2017-01.png

If at the port...

Same... taxi... or bus T3 to Columbus statue (15') and from there you could take the metro in Drassanes (also in L3 green) to Fontana and walk to the apartment.

Note anyway that if you were to land at the airport at 8:30 and if you went for the taxi option, I doubt you'd be at the apartment before 10ish (in all that is... getting your luggage, finding a cab, travelling to the city....), so in the worst case scenario that's not that far from your checking time at 11am, right? Why not simply take a taxi to the apartment and walk to Plaça de la Virreina (https://dannybly.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/plac3a7a-de-la-virreina.jpg), a square that's literally 1' from the apartment and sit in one of the terraces to enjoy the weather while having a beer? or if you prefer -or if it was raining!- in Carrer de Verdi -just 100 yards from this square- there are plenty of coffee shops and bars which are also nice places to wait.

Enjoy!

Enric you are amazing! Thanks so much for your suggestions! We are arriving at the airport, so we will follow those suggestions. Sitting along a plaza having a beer sounds like a great way to start the vacation! We are spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Barcelona and boarding the Norwegian Epic on Saturday.

Thanks again for your advice!

If you decide to have a drink in an outside terrace... for God's sake, watch your belongings at all times, ok? :) I've sometimes seen people so oblivious...this ain't the countryside, LOL!

Thanks Enric. I am actually perpetually neurotic about our stuff since one of our cruise mates had her wallet stolen from right under her nose in Naples!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know if you can check into the cruise early drop off your luggage and then explore the city? This would be for RCCL.

Yes, there should be no problem doing that. Get to the terminal as early as possible. Check is usually underway by 11 am. Then just catch a port bus back into town (costs a couple of euros) and drops you near the Colon monument. Just make sure you're back in time for last boarding.