cruises that included Morocco in their itinerary?

Princess had a cruise a year or so ago that began in Lisbon (I think) and Morocco. Anyone know of a similar cruise or have any information on what happened? I can't seem to find it and I would like to find an intinerary that included both. Thanks!

Princess had a cruise a year or so ago that began in Lisbon (I think) and Morocco. Anyone know of a similar cruise or have any information on what happened? I can't seem to find it and I would like to find an intinerary that included both. Thanks!

I am a world traveler, because of the two jobs that i do I travel alot. Morrocco is a great place and you would love the market places, cheap things there, love the clothes all in cotton and slippers. When I travel there with my book company and my jewelry art work that I sell over there I bring home 3 back packs of clothes back to family members and myself. the products are very inexpensive. A pair of womans slippers we call them slippers they are shoes to them went for 12.00 a pair they were made of pure golden threads.

The sarongs were made of pure cotton and lined with silk and very nice for 26.00 and that to me is very inexpensive. I love their products, a place to live there for 1 month will cost you 50.00 that to me is very cheap.

We just went to Costa Rica a few weeks ago, bought a chateau and it was so inexpensive. We intend to go back there in mid August, when its the rainy season there and enjoy it, I write my stories in the rain as my ideas start pouring in.

Hope to see you all one day, at my book signing cruise

Red:D

Casablanca is typically the port most often visited in Morocco.

Cruise passengers who visit there complain bitterly about:

1. The filth and terrible smells.

2. Pickpockets everywhere.

3. Thieves everywhere.

4. Being ripped off when buying something.

5. Tour guides who speak no English.

6. Tours that do not even remotely follow the description of the tour.

7. Getting sick from eating or drinking ashore.

8. Going ashore and being hassled and atacked by gangs of children/trinket salesmen.

The economy of Morocco is crashing just like many others. My most recent visits there resulted in the complaints above getting even worse. The majority of passengers on our most recent visit demanded refunds after visiting Morocco, and rated their entire cruise very low based only on this port call.

Check out NCL who has an overnight to Marrakesh and some go to Touradant. We were on a cruise by Celebrity that stopped in Casa.. The trip to Touradant was spoiled by a guide who not only spent the entire time on the bus telling us the wonderful things about Islam and how their wives loved staying home and cooking, but rushed us through the old Souk to two tourist traps.. Needless to say the passengers complained and got a refund. Marrakesh is wonderful, but much too long from Casa to spend the day on the bus..

• 7 months later...

One thing that happened was the terrible embarkation in Lisbon. The local agents set up things that made it quite involved to board. Even worse was that people returning to the ship from tours, shopping, etc., had to go through the whole "checkin" process area. Took us over 45 minutes to get back on the ship. Word on the Crown Princess was that the port would not be used in the future. As to Morocco, it was an interesting place. We had a ship tour with a great guide that went to a beautiful mosque and school. Once the main part was over and the bus took us into the shopping district, things went downhill. Dirty & crowded. We were on the Crown that did a transAtlantic at the end of April and finished in Rome, but we extended an extra 12 days and also cruised the Med. area ending up in Venice.

Archived