Riviera Dec 22, 2017-Jan 3, 2018

anthony5050

As I read the various CC boards, there are lots of concerns

About the coffee being cold, the soup not hot enough,

the steaks over cooked.

Well the other night there was an medical emergency and the ship had to make non schedule stop to get one of the passengers to

a hospital. Apparently it was life threatening.

You will not probably see it posted on CC.

But if you were that person and/or family, I'm sure you will say

Oceania is the best and who cares if the coffee was served cold or

the eggs were overlooked. http://mm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on that sailing and had no idea that there was an emergency stop. There was no announcement on board, and I don't recall the ship making an unscheduled stop. This is not to say that it didn't happen, but my wondering when this had happened.

As for the food quality, overall, I thought it was fine. There were some misses in the main dining room and Toscana, but nothing to ruin the cruise experience.

A few years ago I was on Marina, waiting to have an acupuncture treatment in the spa. Serious sounding announcements were coming over the PA system -- there is a code and it wasn't hard to figure out that there was a medical emergency somewhere. Eventually someone came to tell me my appointment would have to be postponed. I wasn't surprised.

These announcements can be heard throughout the ship but not in the rooms. That might be why YOU didn't hear anything about the emergency.

Still, if the ship is diverted for such a reason, everyone should be informed.

Mura

I was on that sailing and had no idea that there was an emergency stop. There was no announcement on board, and I don't recall the ship making an unscheduled stop. This is not to say that it didn't happen, but my wondering when this had happened.

As for the food quality, overall, I thought it was fine. There were some misses in the main dining room and Toscana, but nothing to ruin the cruise experience.

The ship docked in St Marten following the comedian 2nd show around 11:00 pm. It was very quick. Several of the passengers open the curtains in the Riviera lounge.

The ship docked in St Marten following the comedian 2nd show around 11:00 pm. It was very quick. Several of the passengers open the curtains in the Riviera lounge.

No wonder I knew nothing about that. I was asleep by then! I hope whoever it was that was in medical distress is now recovering.

As I read the various CC boards, there are lots of concerns

About the coffee being cold, the soup not hot enough,

the steaks over cooked.

Well the other night there was an medical emergency and the ship had to make non schedule stop to get one of the passengers to

a hospital. Apparently it was life threatening.

You will not probably see it posted on CC.

But if you were that person and/or family, I'm sure you will say

Oceania is the best and who cares if the coffee was served cold or

the eggs were overlooked. http://mm

I was on a Transatlantic Crossing in November 2017, leaving Malaga Spain for the Canary Islands and the captain made an announcement that as we pasted Gibraltar at 9:00pm a passenger would be taken off the ship. Sure enough, as we passed Gibraltar, a helicopter airlifted a passenger who had broken their hip from the ship. I think Oceania did a great job of informing passengers of the situation, removing the passenger and continuing on with the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums