Stateroom transfers during embarkation?

arianac27@aol.com

We sail in 4 days and I see several available balconies. I’m in a balcony which I won via upgrade bid. Can I ask to be moved to another stateroom closer to an elevator at embarkation? There’s so many family balconies (which is a higher balcony category than mine) available. When I asked my TA last week for an upgrade, she said I’d have to pay the difference which I understand. But if the staterooms are still available at embarkation, can I snag it?

Short answer is no, imagine if only guests from 50 staterooms asked while boarding on Day 1 to start playing musical cabin switching ... and what about luggage (and, I won't go into lifeboat capacity issues)

If you successfully bidded under the Upgrade Advantage offer - congrats - but, those are the terms & conditions as disclosed. Sorry, rules are there for various reasons - and, consider it as part of the daily exercise routine for a little bit of walking. Not the answer you are hoping for ... your TA knew too.

Happy cruising.

Edited by mking8288

We sail in 4 days and I see several available balconies. I’m in a balcony which I won via upgrade bid. Can I ask to be moved to another stateroom closer to an elevator at embarkation? There’s so many family balconies (which is a higher balcony category than mine) available. When I asked my TA last week for an upgrade, she said I’d have to pay the difference which I understand. But if the staterooms are still available at embarkation, can I snag it?

Generally speaking, cabins are rarely available on embarkation day. By that time, they have assigned folks who booked Sail-away (guarantee) cabins and your desired cabins most likely won't be available. The cruiselines employ a number methods to ensure all cabins are sold prior to sailing.

Generally speaking, cabins are rarely available on embarkation day. By that time, they have assigned folks who booked Sail-away (guarantee) cabins and your desired cabins most likely won't be available. The cruiselines employ a number methods to ensure all cabins are sold prior to sailing.

Cool beans. It’s so weird seeing so many available staterooms. From inside all the way up to minisuite. Haven is sold out. I guess on a good note, our sailing won’t be as crowded [emoji23]

Cool beans. It’s so weird seeing so many available staterooms. From inside all the way up to minisuite. Haven is sold out. I guess on a good note, our sailing won’t be as crowded [emoji23]

All things said, still it doesn't hurt to visit guest services as soon as you board to ask if upgrades are available. Odds may be slim, but you never know until you ask.