Premium Drinks package Majestic Princess

Fayleen

Hi am doing a cruise on the Majestic Princess from Australia to Singapore. Can anyone give some insight into whether its worthwhile getting the Premium drinks package. The price including gratutities is about $88 AUD per day per person with a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period and up to $16 AUD per drink. So my question is what is the pricing of drinks like on board without a package, for example a beer is $??? each a glass of wine is $??? and mainstream coctails are $???. Just trying to figure out what would be best for us, Cheers....

Most beers are $8.75.

Cocktails range from $10 to $15.50.

Wines by the glass $7-10.

We used to get the package when it was $59 but it became so tedious ordering wines by the glass in the MDR, plus those wines aren't the greatest.

On our last two cruises we haven't had the package and our average daily drinks cost was well below the package price - on our last cruise, the 22 night Diamond repositioning cruise up to Japan so lots of sea days, we averaged $43.46 per day. We don't stint on drinks but tend to mostly drink alcohol in the evenings, unless we have wine or beer at lunch.

Work out what your drinking pattern is likely to be then calculate an estimate. I do have some photos of some of the bar menus so could provide more accurate prices if you tell me what drinks you like. Remember the drinks package does include speciality coffees, soft drinks and bottled water.