Off Celebrity - On to Royal Caribbean Cruise Same Day

MAXII

Hi:

Looking at booking a Royal Caribbean cruise that departs the same day as we finish a Celebrity Cruise, port of Civitavecchia, 2019.

Not sure how this will work - we arrive early to port ending Celebrity's cruise and the RC cruise will likely not start the embarkation process until around noon.

So couple of questions for those that can help:

Is there security or anything that would prevent us walking off the Celebrity cruise to the check-in for Royal Caribbean? If not, is the walk reasonable/manageable with a couple of pieces of luggage (mobility is not an issue)?

Are there luggage storage facilities at the port and/or nearbye places to grab a bite to eat?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, I am struggling with the same issue: we are getting off Celebrity and embarking MSC. So far, I haven't had any answers! (there was a poster here a ways back, and it was the same question along with laundry facilities in town)

What I have ascertained after combing through the port map is that most likely, we will need to disembark Celebrity and get luggage, get on the shuttle bus (provided by the port) to the main area - at that point, I guess we will just look for the shuttle bus that is then taking new/incoming passengers over to the MSC ship. If you recall, it used to be the buses picked up at the fort gate, now it is further along the port route. There is a shuttle bus depot/station which has the buses marked for each ship........

I hope this is accurate - if anyone has any other information - please share!!!!! Many thanks.....

Either way it will be easy so no worries.

If you cannot walk to the ship you will just do as mygreyhound66 mentioned.

If this was me I would be one of the last guests off Royal Caribbean so you can check in your luggage for the Celebrity cruise right after you disembark.

Keith

Thanks everyone.

mygreyhound66: I had come to the same conclusion as yourself and I since found this super web site that gives me comfort as it has the shuttle routes and much more information.

I'm not sure of the rules regarding posting a link, so I'll just say that if you search for "port mobility Civtavecchia" a link titled port mobility useful information, routes and advice for or something similar appears near the top.

On the page there are a few tabs at the top of the page, look for the one that says THE PORT and then there is a link for Shuttles under Useful Information.

Pretty much, if the check-in area is not close by or available to us to walk to when we disembark, then there is a free shuttle that will take us to the main centre and there we can wait until we can hop on the shuttle back to check-in for the next cruise.

Happy cruising all.

If you're switching from one cruise ship to another at Civitavecchia, there's a way to avoid a long walk or bus transfer, and it also means you don't have to go through customs, immigration, and long lines at registration..............

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

LSS-Man+in+the+Breeches-Buoy.BMP

Not suggestin'

Just sayin'