Just off the getaway -- dailys menus & officers attached

Cruisin_Husker

Thank you for the review! We are going with 16 of our friends in Jan...One our first sea day we have 2 Birthdays! Do you have any suggestions for restaurants that could hold our entire group for dinner?? Should we just stick with the main dining room and have my Travel agent set us up a group reservation ahead of time?? He took care of this for us last time and we went to the Italian, but we had to be at 2 different tables and did not have this many people???

Can't wait!:p:p

Can you tell me which night the Burn the Floor cast was in the Tropicana dining room?

Thanks,

Rich

They were scheduled at 6pm on Days 5 and 6 but day 5 got canceled so they made it up on Day 7. I think the "regular" days will be nights 5 and 6. We arrived around 5:45 (the Tropicana opens at 5:30) and were able to get a table close to the dance floor. I would recommend getting your table NLT than 5:45 because we had one of the last tables and guests from more remote tables tried standing to watch blocking the view of others not near the floor.

Thank you for the review! We are going with 16 of our friends in Jan...One our first sea day we have 2 Birthdays! Do you have any suggestions for restaurants that could hold our entire group for dinner?? Should we just stick with the main dining room and have my Travel agent set us up a group reservation ahead of time?? He took care of this for us last time and we went to the Italian, but we had to be at 2 different tables and did not have this many people???

Can't wait!:p:p

It was just my wife and me so I wasn't paying too close attention to large table availability, but here's what I recall:

Tropicana: Several very large tables. (I don't THINK the Taste or Savor would have tables large enough).

Cagneys: I don't believe they have tables large enough.

Moderno: There were several large groups eating in there--16 MIGHT be possible.

Le Bistro: Definitely not enough room.

La Cucina: Possibly--especially if you're willing to sit outside. I don't specifically recall if they had large tables.

If your travel agent is unable to assist, make a beeline to see the Maitre D' the day you board--I think he/she is available from 1pm-3pm on embarkation day for dinner reservations and issues.

Have a good cruise--sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

Hey Cruisin_Husker- I am also from Nebraska, my husband and family are going on this same cruise on Sunday! We were on the same ports last year and this was suppose to be an Eastern cruise, but it got change, but taking some other fellow Nebraskans for their first time to get them hooked! Thanks for the dailies. This will help us plan!!

It was just my wife and me so I wasn't paying too close attention to large table availability, but here's what I recall:

Tropicana: Several very large tables. (I don't THINK the Taste or Savor would have tables large enough).

Cagneys: I don't believe they have tables large enough.

Moderno: There were several large groups eating in there--16 MIGHT be possible.

Le Bistro: Definitely not enough room.

La Cucina: Possibly--especially if you're willing to sit outside. I don't specifically recall if they had large tables.

If your travel agent is unable to assist, make a beeline to see the Maitre D' the day you board--I think he/she is available from 1pm-3pm on embarkation day for dinner reservations and issues.

Have a good cruise--sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!

:DThank you so much! I did email my TA and he is going to take of setting this up for us in one of the MDR's. I told him we will take which ever one can accommodate us all! It will be fun to eat together as a group one evening and maybe we can get a picture!

I grabbed a table for 4 on night #5 too at 5:30 pm at Tropicana in hopes of seeing the Burn the Floor dancers!

Costa Maya Mexico:.Grade D (with more than one ship in Port). C + (if only ship in Port). The day we were here there were two other ships in Port and the small cruise village and pool is way too small to accommodate that many people. Beers are expensive ($6) and there is not much else to really do. Taxis in to town are about $8 each way according to some people that went.

Taking the "shuttle" to Mahahual costs $2 per person and it's about five bucks to take a taxi back. By staying in the port area, you missed a pretty good time in Mahahual, which is full of cool restaurants, bars and shops. It's one of our favourite stops in the Caribbean.