Onboard Credit Question

sanbixby

I promise I searched for an answer but I can not seem to find one.

Last year, while on the Divina, we booked for this year on the Seaside and received onboard credits.

We are being joined (same cabin) by my son and his girlfriend. They will be registering their credit cards with their room IDs and my husband and I will be using our credit card.

My question is: Does the onboard credit get assigned to the room or the person? Is there a way to have it zero out with us first and then if there is any remaining can go towards son/gf purchases?

This situation is probably best answered by MSC , however my assumption is that since you made the booking and you are registering a credit card (therefore establishing an account ) separate from your son, that the OBC should be attached to your on board account . I would definitely call and ask the cruise line . Just be prepared to wait on hold for quite a while , it takes forever to get through , and once you get an answer , insist that they send you an email confirming that answer. Then print out the email and take it with you ! It may save you long waits at the customer service desk on board . Hope this helps !

I promise I searched for an answer but I can not seem to find one.

Last year, while on the Divina, we booked for this year on the Seaside and received onboard credits.

We are being joined (same cabin) by my son and his girlfriend. They will be registering their credit cards with their room IDs and my husband and I will be using our credit card.

My question is: Does the onboard credit get assigned to the room or the person? Is there a way to have it zero out with us first and then if there is any remaining can go towards son/gf purchases?

Ask MSC.

I've never had a problem with their customer service. If the rep didn't know something, he or she checked with a supervisor, and came up with the correct answer. I actually saved money that way on my November cruise coming up. I got a discount I didn't know abut, and wasn't on their website.

When we have been on the Divina for 6 separate times, I add my wife to the credit card when I register it. I get the OBC and my charges and she just gets her charges on separate account sheets. Your problem maybe with trying to register 2 credit cards to the same room. Good luck.