Too exhausted to be excited....

Hi all my wonderful CC friends,

Well it feels like I haven't been on here forever. I've started my new job and it's the job from HELL! I'm so depressed and stressed that now I've lost all excitement about going on my long awaited cruise. I totally feel numb and am honestly just getting through one day at a time to even make it to my departure date. I can't believe that after all this excitement that now I am left feeling like I can't even make it through to the next day - it is a nightmare and on top of that I've got family screaming at me because they all want me to spend time with them before I go............. I am totally worn out :( This was not the right time to start any job... especially not one where I am getting abused 20 times a day!!!! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh To all my friends on here, I hope you understand where I am coming from and know that I am not a drama queen - I have never felt so stressed in my life. Well hopefully when I check on here tomorrow night and hear from some of you I will feel a bit better.... you guys are awesome and even though I've never met you, I feel like we all know each other so well. Cheers, Liz

Hi Liz,

I'm going on a New Years cruise too, on Pacific Dawn.

I did the New Years cruise on Pacific Sun last year and it was fabulous. The staff all make it a great night. You will love it!

Hopefully you make it through the next 9 days until your cruise.

Just think...next week you'll be cruising!

Enjoy your week and the don't forget to start packing!!

Happy Cruising :)

sorry to hear that your new job is not what you were expecting.

it is a stressful time for anyone at this time of year so throw in a new job, upcoming cruise and you are at stress central.

focus on that countdown and try and take time out, do one day at a time or one hour at a time.

vent here tomorrow if you want but do not let work spoil this special time for you.

read through some old posts, get out your p and o brochure, check out past reviews and photos and visulise yourself pool side with a cocktail, breeze in your hair, favourite music pumping, belly full of wonderful food and the only decision you have to make, is what to wear for dinner tonight,

feeling better yet, I know I am!!!!

keep smiling and take care of yourself liz

sorry to hear that your new job is not what you were expecting.

it is a stressful time for anyone at this time of year so throw in a new job, upcoming cruise and you are at stress central.

focus on that countdown and try and take time out, do one day at a time or one hour at a time.

vent here tomorrow if you want but do not let work spoil this special time for you.

read through some old posts, get out your p and o brochure, check out past reviews and photos and visulise yourself pool side with a cocktail, breeze in your hair, favourite music pumping, belly full of wonderful food and the only decision you have to make, is what to wear for dinner tonight,

feeling better yet, I know I am!!!!

keep smiling and take care of yourself liz

Thanks so much for your kind words... they almost made me cry. I will take those words of wisdom and as you say... one hour at a time and I will get there. Thank you again! x

Hi all my wonderful CC friends,

Well it feels like I haven't been on here forever. I've started my new job and it's the job from HELL! I'm so depressed and stressed that now I've lost all excitement about going on my long awaited cruise. I totally feel numb and am honestly just getting through one day at a time to even make it to my departure date. I can't believe that after all this excitement that now I am left feeling like I can't even make it through to the next day - it is a nightmare and on top of that I've got family screaming at me because they all want me to spend time with them before I go............. I am totally worn out :( This was not the right time to start any job... especially not one where I am getting abused 20 times a day!!!! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh To all my friends on here, I hope you understand where I am coming from and know that I am not a drama queen - I have never felt so stressed in my life. Well hopefully when I check on here tomorrow night and hear from some of you I will feel a bit better.... you guys are awesome and even though I've never met you, I feel like we all know each other so well. Cheers, Liz

Liz,

Only a little over a week to go.

I had similar work hassles in May\June when there was still 200 days to go on my counter and my boss was a total wa@#er. Didn't think it would ever come, but this place seemed to make things bearable, with the poultry sisters as ringleaders.

I sit here now with only one extra day on my count than you, and my position has also changed leaving me with a good boss and a happier outlook.

Just remember, those 20 abusers can be the thorns that deflate you, or the pricks that spur you on. A cruise card around your neck & a cocktail in each hand, and all your job hassles will be a distant memory.

Cheers

Liz,

Only a little over a week to go.

I had similar work hassles in May\June when there was still 200 days to go on my counter and my boss was a total wa@#er. Didn't think it would ever come, but this place seemed to make things bearable, with the poultry sisters as ringleaders.

I sit here now with only one extra day on my count than you, and my position has also changed leaving me with a good boss and a happier outlook.

Just remember, those 20 abusers can be the thorns that deflate you, or the pricks that spur you on. A cruise card around your neck & a cocktail in each hand, and all your job hassles will be a distant memory.

Cheers

Hi Geoff,

Hope you too enjoy your New Years Cruise!

Between you, Liz & myself, we've got all the New Years Cruises covered!

You on the Sun Princess, Liz on Pacific Sun and I'm on Pacific Dawn!

Just think...next week we will be cruising!

Good luck with the packing!

Happy Cruising :)

Snap out of it Lizzy!!! Tell the ****s where to go!!! oh....well....maybe you do need the job:o

At least you don't have to work with golfers that make comments to each other like...Do you have any balls??....Is it ok if we have a quick whack on the front nine?? I tell you...trying to keep a straight face is the hardest thing ever!!! Honestly, it is the only place I know of where men can discuss whether or not they like playing with hard or soft balls!!

Chin up girlfriend...we are all there behind you...This cruise is your time...once you get on the ship, no one can contact you, or abuse you. You can sit there with your foo foo drink with its little umbrella and watch those cares just drain away.

I will have a margarita for you and Geoff and all the others who are cruising over the Xmas and New Year period. I will try and get one more post in tomorrow before I go..if not...it will have to be live from Mexico!!! Arriba!!!

Have a wonderful Chrissy Liz!!

Hugs and Kisses...xoxoxox

Kaz

Did I mention how much I luv you guys..... seriously the comment.... and I quote.... "those 20 abusers can be the thorns that deflate you, or the pricks that spur you on" and the "boys playing with their balls" had me in fits of laughter. Thank you thank you thank you - You guys mean the world to me!!!!!

tip #321

Wear glasses to work.

When you are being "abused" allow your glasses to slip down your nose a little. Face the object of your hatred and push the glasses back into the correct position by only using your middle finger.

Snap out of it Lizzy!!! Tell the ****s where to go!!! oh....well....maybe you do need the job:o

At least you don't have to work with golfers that make comments to each other like...Do you have any balls??....Is it ok if we have a quick whack on the front nine?? I tell you...trying to keep a straight face is the hardest thing ever!!! Honestly, it is the only place I know of where men can discuss whether or not they like playing with hard or soft balls!!

Chin up girlfriend...we are all there behind you...This cruise is your time...once you get on the ship, no one can contact you, or abuse you. You can sit there with your foo foo drink with its little umbrella and watch those cares just drain away.

I will have a margarita for you and Geoff and all the others who are cruising over the Xmas and New Year period. I will try and get one more post in tomorrow before I go..if not...it will have to be live from Mexico!!! Arriba!!!

Have a wonderful Chrissy Liz!!

Hugs and Kisses...xoxoxox

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Hope you have a great time in Mexico. Don't have too many tequilas!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)

tip 211

Take your P&O blue folder and cut it up!

Now take a small square and put it in your pocket.

Every time you feel stressed whip it out and have a sniff.

Instant stress relief with the added bonus that those working around you will think you are some kind of psycho and will leave you alone.

tip 211

Take your P&O blue folder and cut it up!

Now take a small square and put it in your pocket.

Every time you feel stressed whip it out and have a sniff.

Instant stress relief with the added bonus that those working around you will think you are some kind of psycho and will leave you alone.

HAHA loved the advice Carlz. I was very tempted to do the same but I treasure my Blue Wallet and I'm sure the people at P&O would give me the strangest look at embarkation when I take out my Document Wallet with all my papers in it, and there is a chunk missing of my Wallet lol.

Hi Liz,

So sorry to hear things are not going so well at the moment:(

I can tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I have had 3 years of dissappointment and anxiety through work issues, resulting in early retirement, when my career and dreams just finished like that, and most times I couldnt see that light or even think that there was a life for me..........but I am still here:)

Take a day at a time, have some time for yourself, even if it's only 5 minutes, think good thoughts, they do come true:) and for those people causing you grief, those are their issues, not yours so dont take them on, and.........just breathe.........

Chez

xx

So sorry to hear all isn't what you thought it would be in the new job Liz :(

Here's a BIG HUG to help you feel better :D

Just keep reminding yourself there's only 8 days til you go and when you get back you can give them the flick and move on to a new, better job :D

Don't let other people get you down because at the end of the day it's only you that's unhappy. Chin up girlfriend :D

acuddle.gif

Oh ... poor you Liz!

Know what it's like to dread going to work each day ... it's not a nice place to be in!

But just keep focussing on that count down! (and when you need the sanity break - log in here, you know that the CC-ers will lift your spirits!)

Keep looking forward and you'll get through this!

Love & hugs:)

Archived