Singapore to dubai

dalliowner

We are considering next years cruise on the Encore and if any members have comments on the ports as we have not cruised this area

before.

Colombo Sri Lanka

Mangalore India

Mumbai India

Muscat Oman

Abu Dhabi UAE

What do you think of the ports and are there anything you should not miss or anything you should make sure you miss.

Many thanks

John

Take a look at this video from 4.13 onwards. The first part was mostly showing Encore but from 4.13 It features many of those ports though strangely not mangalore !!!

There is also Cochin and Langkawi.

HYAqTzEeOzE

Henry :)

Mangalore Port - not a very attractive place, although there are a few interesting temples within the city but it isn’t on my must go back to places to list!!!

The Port

64eaa32242e6e4eb05fea9577a26a69d.jpg

The Terminal Building

c7e37c153c1b71be4da3687f2dceb952.jpg

Anne..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jayayeff

I liked this trip but it really depends on your view of India. Its a polarising country.

Most people enjoy Sri Lanka and Colombo is a fascinating city.

Mangalore port is a challenge but the city is quite interesting ,very cheap for shopping and for India its very clean.(Apparently the Mayor had a clean up our city campaign and it worked.)

Mumbai is vibrant energetic and there are some great buildings.Seabourn organised an evening trip to a Michelin starred restaurant in one of the top hotels.The Indian cuisine was outstanding.Try to get into an Indian wedding, they will not turn you away, for a truly magical indian cultural experience.

Yes there is poverty,ridiculous red tap and getting the Visa can be a hassle.

Muscat and Oman OK and the best of the gulf ports but the other cities don't do it for me.Plenty of bling, designer shops and conspicuous consumption.

The Victorian architecture in Mumbai is spectacular, a true projection of power at the height of the Empire, Oman is a wonderful country, worth going on a trip to see outside the cities, as to Abu Dhabi the new Louvre is spectacular, we enjoy the Middle East, great people and excellent for winter sun.

I fear my last post may have been deleted - possibly for a naughty word hidden with @17#**+~!

So I'll try again.... :)

Mangalore is an absolute cesspit of a place with pollution drifting over the ship from a tall chimney and slag heaps belching out toxic fumes. Other than that I'm sure it's lovely. There must be some contractual obligation to visit enforced by the local government.

Mumbai is somewhere you have to visit. Busy, crazy, but somehow beautiful. Take a taxi tour then have afternoon tea in the Taj Palace overlooking the Gateway to India.

Muscat has some easy to reach market souks where you can wander round and take in the atmosphere. There are also some good boat trips to be had. You see dolphins in crystal clear water.

Abu Dhabi was a stand out success for me. We had lunch in the Emirates Palace and then I took advantage of a late departure to visit the Blue Mosque so that I was there as the sun went down.

Singapore and Dubai are of course both excellent as a base to spend a couple of days with everything on tap.

You will probably have a beach day at Sir Bani Yas island which has good facilities and allows Seabourn to do what it does best with water, sand some caviar and a few lobsters

:)

Henry :)