RCI Ench. of the Seas > problems

Anybody else have problems with the sailing on 10/17 with EOS?

It will be the LAST and I mean LAST cruise I ever take with RCI!!!

One day and two nights of no AC! That is ridiculous!! I politely gave them three options of a fan, or new room or full compensation which was only $160!!! They didn't do any of the above asked!

It was so hot in our room that the shampoo dispenser's glue melted and fell off the wall. My stomach hurt the last two days so it was a bummer...you would be all hot from being in the room trying to get ready for dinner and then go eat and it didn't sit well with me....Hot then Cool down...Hot then Cool down...etc...

Service was nice with the folks who worked with us directly but other than that not impressed.

I have a call in with the guest relations to find out what they are going to do with my bill/complaint. If they offer credits for another cruise then I will decline.

Anybody else have problems???

Anybody else have problems with the sailing on 10/17 with EOS?

It will be the LAST and I mean LAST cruise I ever take with RCI!!!

One day and two nights of no AC! That is ridiculous!! I politely gave them three options of a fan, or new room or full compensation which was only $160!!! They didn't do any of the above asked!

It was so hot in our room that the shampoo dispenser's glue melted and fell off the wall. My stomach hurt the last two days so it was a bummer...you would be all hot from being in the room trying to get ready for dinner and then go eat and it didn't sit well with me....Hot then Cool down...Hot then Cool down...etc...

Service was nice with the folks who worked with us directly but other than that not impressed.

I have a call in with the guest relations to find out what they are going to do with my bill/complaint. If they offer credits for another cruise then I will decline.

Anybody else have problems???

don't expect to be refunded anything. In the end, you may receive some credit toward a future cruise. If you refuse it, you won't get anything. I'd be pretty upset too, but it can happen on any ship on any cruiseline and has.

don't expect to be refunded anything. In the end, you may receive some credit toward a future cruise. If you refuse it, you won't get anything. I'd be pretty upset too, but it can happen on any ship on any cruiseline and has.

If that's the case then I will decline and whenever someone is talking about cruise's you bet this story will come up. Everyone has a voice and an opinion.

I think they will offer some compensation due to the amount of people it affected. I'm guessing it affected somewhere around 100...maybe more..not sure on the actual #.

Food for thought...have you looked at RCI's BBB rating?

D+ You can't get much lower.

I thought it would be a lot better...silly me..!

..<<SNIP>>....I think they will offer some compensation due to the amount of people it affected. I'm guessing it affected somewhere around 100...maybe more..not sure on the actual #.<<SNIP>>...

!

Are you saying around 100 cabins had no air conditioning? That sounds like a major systems failure.

<<edit>> I just looked at the roll call thread. Lots of public areas also had no air, poster mentioned Boleros. We were on EOS after the 2005 stretch, so it sounds like the system failure happened in the new piping, compressors or whatever.

Are you saying around 100 cabins had no air conditioning? That sounds like a major systems failure.

I'm not sure how many...rooms and or people.

I know there were a lot when Guest Relations line grew LLLOOONNGGGG and the Centrum turned into a sleeping area with people dragging their sheets out to the couches.

I'm younger and can handle the heat without health complications but there were older folks that might not be able to withstand it.

I haven't had a cabin issue with RC, but I did have air conditioning problems in my cabin on Holland America in April. It was a 14-night sailing and we had problems from day 1. After numerous complaints to maintenance and being told multiple times that the problem had been solved (it wasn't), I asked to speak with the hotel director. He came to our cabin and agreed that the air conditioning was not working since the temperature with the air on full was still 80 deg F. We were given a choice of switching to an inside cabin, which meant that we would have to give up access to our balcony or they could provide a fan. We elected to stay in the balcony cabin and take the fan. A couple days later we had a note from the hotel director that HAL was giving us each 25% of our fare in OBC to help compensate for our situation. We had not asked for anything other than a comfortable cabin. Our fare was a bit more more than $160. We don't drink much, booked our excursions through outside vendors, and we already had some TA OBC so we didn't come close to spending the OBC that they gave us. We were able to cash out the leftover OBC. I thought they were fair and while I am hesitant to book that class of ship again, I have booked another HAL cruise on a different class ship.

I'm not sure how many...rooms and or people.

I know there were a lot when Guest Relations line grew LLLOOONNGGGG and the Centrum turned into a sleeping area with people dragging their sheets out to the couches.

I'm younger and can handle the heat without health complications but there were older folks that might not be able to withstand it.

We're cruising on Enchantment this weekend. If the air conditioning isn't working I'll sleep on one of the loungers outside. The sound of the ocean always puts me to sleep anyway.

We're cruising on Enchantment this weekend. If the air conditioning isn't working I'll sleep on one of the loungers outside. The sound of the ocean always puts me to sleep anyway.

If life gives you lemons, make some sweet lemonade. I had that thought about sleeping on deck and having an unofficial deck party with all the people from the affected cabins.

And if I book a winter cruise on the Explorer out of Bayonne and it snows I would lead a snowman building contest. And a snowball contest to hit the bottom of the VZN bridge as we went under it. Together with video of the event.

Lemonade, not sour lemons.:D

Was the a/c still broken when the cruise ended? Anyone know if it's been fixed?

It's was easily 85 + degrees when we left.

So yes it was still broken.

I would highly doubt they would leave port with it not working...but then again they wanted to do nothing with our situation.

I wouldn't believe it was fixed until I was in my room feeling cold air.

B/C I had a guy come into my room and check on the A/C as it was blowing hot air as it was always doing and he said to my face that the A/C is working just fine!!! I wanted to say your nutz!!! I kept my calm! :)

When does your ship leave?

There was another post regarding problems on EOS since September, when we sailed. Extensive water damage to cabins due to breaks, no air and some inside banging from water lines. At that time, there was a concern and RCCL did give discounts on next cruises, along with compensation for damage. Although we had a couple of minor water problems, it was nothing like what we heard and saw to others. Mainly deck 3 and 8.

They should consider "dry docking" as the problems are growing. I cant' imagine being in a cabin without air...what a vacation!

There was another post regarding problems on EOS since September, when we sailed. Extensive water damage to cabins due to breaks, no air and some inside banging from water lines. At that time, there was a concern and RCCL did give discounts on next cruises, along with compensation for damage. Although we had a couple of minor water problems, it was nothing like what we heard and saw to others. Mainly deck 3 and 8.

They should consider "dry docking" as the problems are growing. I cant' imagine being in a cabin without air...what a vacation!

They had water problems on this one as well.

I forget the name of the bar outside of our entry way to our cabin.

They had a water pipe burst or something. They had water everywhere.

It was going through the floor as you would go down a level and see more water. The next morning we awoke and they had the mirror ripped down from the bar and dismantled all that was attached to the bar. I would be upset if my room was one of the first two b/c I guarantee there was water in their room and they could hear the vacuums going all the time.

We also were on this cruise.....but room on deck 3 just on the other side of the new section......someone I spoke with heard a very loud pop the evening of day 2 - there were maintenance guys working on the system for 2 days straight on deck 3........they even had exhaust fans sitting in the hallway the last day of the cruise - trying to get some ventilation to the rooms.......

It appeared that a part was needed so had to wait for the return to Port Everglades in order to complete the repairs.........know it wasn't something RCI had planned to happen but if man makes it, it will break.....just too bad it happened to these folks though.

She is to go into drydock April 28 I understand from one of the staff.........

They were doing some tile work in the Centrum area during port days.........

Sorry to hear about the AC problem. I know that would have been a stinker since this is a really HOT cruise. We were on the cruise right before you.

There were no problems that I heard of the week before and also never saw any huge lineups - even last night of the cruise which surprised me.

We had one small problem when our bathtub wouldn't drain and backed up onto the floor. Called Maintenance and they came right away and fixed it right away too. I guess we were lucky that nothing else major was going on at the time.

It's too bad that it does taint your opinion of the ship and of RCI though. I understand how it would. I came away with a really positive feel about both and happy to go on another next March.

Sure hope things come to a positive resolution for you.

I just got off the Enchantment yesterday, and I heard of no A/C or water issues. We were on deck 4, and our room was chilly.

They were still fixing a bunch of floor tiles in the Centrum, but I never saw water work being done.

The only issue we saw was that our water was a bit yellow the first day (I heard of this on other threads.) We let it run out for awhile and we never saw the yellow water again.

I just got off the Enchantment yesterday, and I heard of no A/C or water issues. We were on deck 4, and our room was chilly.

They were still fixing a bunch of floor tiles in the Centrum, but I never saw water work being done.

The only issue we saw was that our water was a bit yellow the first day (I heard of this on other threads.) We let it run out for awhile and we never saw the yellow water again.

Glad it was fixed for you. But it was only a certain section of the middle of the ship. They had the water leak fixed before we left.

<<edit>> I just looked at the roll call thread. Lots of public areas also had no air, poster mentioned Boleros. We were on EOS after the 2005 stretch, so it sounds like the system failure happened in the new piping, compressors or whatever.

I was on the ship--we had air in our cabin, but the public areas were unbarealbe...we spoke with folks who slept in the theatre because it was so hot in their cabins

From what I understand it was the whole MidShip section. Im from Texas and know what 'no air' means...Im telling you there was HOT air blowing in some of the areas... I would have thought a couple of fans would have at least been brought into the lounges that were affected. But no. (I mean Im sure someone could have bought a couple of fans in Grand Cayman at least) :p

Serioulsy--it was miserble in some of the areas, I can NOT imanage how it was in those inside cabins.

Archived