Cabin placement on the Sun

numberguy

Everyone,

DDP and I have reserved an inside cabin very near the aft elevators. From what I've read on here, I'm happy and concerned.

Happy - Most of the public areas that aren't complete decks (pool deck, for example) are in the aft/stern of the ship. We can get most anywhere quickly. And since we don't have children, needing to get to Kids' Korner (bow of the ship) isn't important.

Concerned - Elevator noise? Our door is around the corner from an elevator, but based on the deck plan, part of the cabin backs up to an elevator shaft.

It's cabin 0326 (10th deck/Norway). Anyone have any advice about changing?

--Michael

Everyone,

DDP and I have reserved an inside cabin very near the aft elevators. From what I've read on here, I'm happy and concerned.

Happy - Most of the public areas that aren't complete decks (pool deck, for example) are in the aft/stern of the ship. We can get most anywhere quickly. And since we don't have children, needing to get to Kids' Korner (bow of the ship) isn't important.

Concerned - Elevator noise? Our door is around the corner from an elevator, but based on the deck plan, part of the cabin backs up to an elevator shaft.

It's cabin 0326 (10th deck/Norway). Anyone have any advice about changing?

--Michael

Michael, other than the elevator shaft part we love to be near the elevator. I will admit we always do outside and have never had a cabin backed up to the shaft.

NIta

Thanks, Nita. Potential elevator noise is all I'm worried about at this point.

Oh, that, and which company I'll use for my St. Petersburg tours! :p

But that's another thread.

--Michael

Hi Number guy,

While we didn't back onto the elevator shaft we've stayed really close to it directly across the hall.

We've stayed in 8261 & 8263 on the Sun and never had any problems with the elevator other than the occasional person whooping it up but that was only once or twice if that.

Wishing you Great Cruising,

Edie

Thanks Edie. PLEASE post a review of some sort of your upcoming trip to the Baltics. I know mine will be a year later, but I love hearing about people's cruises, when I'm going on the same one later.

I just realized that on the last three cruises, we've always been no more than five rooms away from the elevators, and I've never had a problem with hallway noise.

--Michael

Thanks Edie. PLEASE post a review of some sort of your upcoming trip to the Baltics. I know mine will be a year later, but I love hearing about people's cruises, when I'm going on the same one later.

I just realized that on the last three cruises, we've always been no more than five rooms away from the elevators, and I've never had a problem with hallway noise.

--Michael

So there you go, Michael. You answered your own question!! :D Plus if you're going a year later, the Sun should be all new again after drydock.

I will be posting a review cause I know the "Sun" seems to be the "sleeper" in the fleet. Nobody mentions her often. We sure love her though and hope you will too.

Edie

So there you go, Michael. You answered your own question!! :D Plus if you're going a year later, the Sun should be all new again after drydock.

I will be posting a review cause I know the "Sun" seems to be the "sleeper" in the fleet. Nobody mentions her often. We sure love her though and hope you will too.

Edie

Actually, I don't think the drydock will be until Autumn 2011. They pushed it back a year, I hear.

I just don't know how much noise the elevators themselves make, since our cabin backs onto one.

--Michael

Archived