Taxi to Horseshoe Beach

pjn

We are four adults and one young child, would be able to take taxis to the beach? We don't think we would like the hassle of the bus. We arrive at Dockyard, I believe. Thank you.

We are four adults and one young child, would be able to take taxis to the beach? We don't think we would like the hassle of the bus. We arrive at Dockyard, I believe. Thank you.

Yes; taxis will be plentiful and mostly they are mini people-movers; so can easily accommodate 4+1... Dependant on which beach you choose, you may need to walk back to the main road to hail a taxi later, but that's also generally not a problem. The main beaches are well served...

Hi,

The Taxi will drop you off right at the bottom of the access road, by the concession buildings.

There are usually a couple of taxis waiting there, for your return trip.

Have Fun!

Hi,

The Taxi will drop you off right at the bottom of the access road, by the concession buildings.

There are usually a couple of taxis waiting there, for your return trip.

Have Fun!

Thank you for the information. Do you know how much the fare will be from the Dockyard/Beach for 2 people each way.

Thank you for the information. Do you know how much the fare will be from the Dockyard/Beach for 2 people each way.

I would guess $35. That would be for the taxi not per person. Only a guess as taxi fares have increased over the years and it has been three years since I took a taxi there. My rule of thumb on getting to Horseshoe is share a taxi if we are a party of four or more. Or in a hurry. Take the bus if we are one to three persons.

My guesstimate is $20.00 for 1-4 passengers, each way, +25% for Sundays & holidays.

SBtS

no way. Its $20 for a taxi from Hamilton to Horseshoe bay(this was last year). I took it before the increases from the Dockyards and it was $30-35. With the increases it will be more and remember on Sunday's and Holidays its 25% more.

It is only an ESTIMATE, and you could have written: your estimate is low because...(reasons why it s/b higher).........

I'm using the rates from the handy reference map I got in Bermuda in 10/09. The rate from the map for 1 to 4 passengers, weekdays is $6.40 for the first mile and $2.00/mile thereafter, has that changed? If you do the math, that puts the estimated distance from the Dockyard to HSB at about 8 miles.

SBtS

It is only an ESTIMATE, and you could have written: your estimate is low because...(reasons why it s/b higher).........

I'm using the rates from the handy reference map I got in Bermuda in 10/09. The rate from the map for 1 to 4 passengers, weekdays is $6.40 for the first mile and $2.00/mile thereafter, has that changed? If you do the math, that puts the estimated distance from the Dockyard to HSB at about 8 miles.

SBtS

Those are the rates but your guess is wrong. I am not going to argue about your methodology but perhaps it does not account for the roads being winding and curved. Also the road into and out of the The Dockyard is not a straight line. The fare will be over $30, likely closer to $40. I am one who has taken the taxi as I like the convenience so I know your guess is wrong.

The last few years I have been doing the bus mostly from the Dockyard because with the larger ships there never seemed to be enough taxis. There were plenty of buses as they put on Special buses that only went to the beach. Even on Sunday, although though the scheduled bus service starts later on Sunday they had the Special buses running before the time on the bus schedule. I think the taxi drivers were at church as it seemed even a longer wait for a taxi on Sunday.

SBtS

Your estimate is low because you obviously don't use taxi's when you visit Bermuda. You are arguing with people who have actually used the taxi system on the island and are quoting you the rates they were charged. The reason we stopped using the taxi's is because the rates are obscene.

• 3 weeks later...
FYI there is a report today on someone who did this and it was $30 plus....is the report on this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1219029

I was at Kings Wharf last Tuesday at the ferry dock, transferring between the Hamilton Ferry to the Ferry to St. George and noticed they had a helpful sign with taxi rates from the Dockyard to different locations on Bermuda. The rates are approximate and do not include the surcharge if one is there on a Sunday but they give a good idea of what to expect. I snapped a photo of the sign. Link below.

http://gallery.me.com/rail#100137

Are there taxi's that would accomodate 7 people? Or are we better splitting into two taxi's. Wasn't sure if they had big vans as taxi's.

Ideally I'd like to do the bus from Kings Wharf to Horseshoe Bay Beach but because one member is elderly I'm thinking taxi may be easier for her as I understand they are willing to drop off at the bottom of the hill by the concessions.

Will it really take us about $70 round trip . Thought I read $35 each way.

It will not be on a Sunday or holiday.

Thanks so much.

I was at Kings Wharf last Tuesday at the ferry dock, transferring between the Hamilton Ferry to the Ferry to St. George and noticed they had a helpful sign with taxi rates from the Dockyard to different locations on Bermuda. The rates are approximate and do not include the surcharge if one is there on a Sunday but they give a good idea of what to expect. I snapped a photo of the sign. Link below.

http://gallery.me.com/rail#100137

Looks like it's $28 for 1-4 and $36 for 5+.;)

GREAT pictures Charles.....thanks for posting.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Your estimate is low because you obviously don't use taxi's when you visit Bermuda. You are arguing with people who have actually used the taxi system on the island and are quoting you the rates they were charged. The reason we stopped using the taxi's is because the rates are obscene.

Can you tell me if you have to have the exact cash for the bus fare and do you recall how much it is from the West End to Horseshoe Bay.

Thanks,

Archived