Zuiderdam SY # 6056 photos

SwissMyst

Thank you for sharing your photos. It looked exactly like our SY on the Noordam (6068)

I see that, like us, you have your chair in front of the window next to the TV. As a matter of interest, what did you do with your second chair? or was there only one when you first got to the cabin?

Thank you for sharing your photos. It looked exactly like our SY on the Noordam (6068)

I see that, like us, you have your chair in front of the window next to the TV. As a matter of interest, what did you do with your second chair? or was there only one when you first got to the cabin?

Hmmm, I thought there were two of them in front of the sofa but it looks like we tucked one of them under the front window desk or is that a third one. :confused:

We often lined up the two inside chairs in front of the window on the inside to watch the world go by outside those windows on our very cold and windy "summer" cruise in Alaska - May12-19, 2010. But you can see in the last photos of the verandah the sun greeted us on the way home.

Hmmm, I thought there were two of them in front of the sofa but it looks like we tucked one of them under the front window desk or is that a third one. :confused:

We often lined up the two inside chairs in front of the window on the inside to watch the world go by outside those windows on our very cold and windy "summer" cruise in Alaska - May12-19, 2010. But you can see in the last photos of the verandah the sun greeted us on the way home.

We had 2 chairs at the foot of the bed in addition to the one under the desk by the window. We found that these chairs were in the way so, like you, we put one in front of the window. The other one we put under the dressing table after removing the 'laundry tub' into the closet.

We also removed the cushions on the sofa and put them in the drawer under the bed.

We were in the cabin for 32 days so we wanted as much room as possible.

We had 2 chairs at the foot of the bed in addition to the one under the desk by the window. We found that these chairs were in the way so, like you, we put one in front of the window. The other one we put under the dressing table after removing the 'laundry tub' into the closet.

We also removed the cushions on the sofa and put them in the drawer under the bed.

We were in the cabin for 32 days so we wanted as much room as possible.

I hear you. We were in a 132 sq ft room for 42 days on the MV Discovery and we did everything we could to beat it into submission to make it work for us for that long. Those sofa cushions were slippery, weren't they. But how lovely to have had a cabin this large as the SY for so long. That must have been dreamy.

Thanks for sharing. We are considering an SY for an upcoming Zuiderdam cruise and your photos help immensely.

I would definitely choose this type of cabin again, particularly for something like the Panama Canal, which like Alaska, has a lot of passive viewing time besides just port stops. It was a wonderful room, full of light and great views from both inside and out. Tons of storage space. I am spoiled.

Best was the table and chairs on the balcony to provide for real dining from room service instead of just being able to perch your tray on the small standard verandah deck foot stool height table. Although we certainly never ate on deck during our cold, windy Alaska cruise, it was nice to see this S cabin allowed for the possibility.

This cabin made it for us the best of all possible worlds on the Vista ships the size of the Zuiderdam - having a sense of a gracious small, private personal space as well as all the larger venues on this larger ship. Since you already know the Zuiderdam no need to tell you about what another special HAL ship the Zuiderdam is: great food and staff. (Though a "F" for the Pinnacle for us). Happy travels.

Brought back great memories of our amazing cruise on Westerdam in March!:D (6106). Identical layout ... terrific cabin. I'm so sad they've virtually eliminated this category on newer ships. They have about 4 (2 of which are HC) and the next level up (SS and the equivalent of this cabin) is more money.

Archived