Best Balcony on EPIC

newuser2011

Hi Folks,

We are planning on booking our Honeymoon on the Epic for November this year. This will be our first ever Cruise. We want to make it special so we are going to pay extra for the balcony room. We can just about afford this but would love to have the best experience possible. We plan on booking the cruise on Monday and I was just wondering If anyone could tell me which would be the best area to book our balcony room. We would like to have a nice view form it....or are all views the same? Sorry but we are complete beginners to this... Also of topic but i was just wondering if there are cheap Transport alternatives to travel from International drive Orlando to the Ferry terminal in Miami?

Many thanks

DH and I prefer aft facing balconies on any ship. The view of the wake churning out there is the best view, IMHO. Once you close the sliding door, you can not hear a thing as it is very quiet. On Epic, you get the bonus of having TOTAL privacy in an aft facing balcony. The back of the ship is not tiered as most ships are. Epic's back is completely straight. This design allows every balcony to be very private with no one able to look down on your balcony and you are not able to see into anyone else's balcony. The size of the balcony is standard but the privacy was fabulous.

The link I sent you is to a 15 page thread about Epic balconies!!! You can read through the thread, there are lots of pix of different balconies from outside the ship, by number. You can also search the thread (or NCL in general) for any balcony number you think you might want - you never know what you might find.

Hi Folks,

We are planning on booking our Honeymoon on the Epic for November this year. This will be our first ever Cruise. We want to make it special so we are going to pay extra for the balcony room. We can just about afford this but would love to have the best experience possible. We plan on booking the cruise on Monday and I was just wondering If anyone could tell me which would be the best area to book our balcony room. We would like to have a nice view form it....or are all views the same? Sorry but we are complete beginners to this... Also of topic but i was just wondering if there are cheap Transport alternatives to travel from International drive Orlando to the Ferry terminal in Miami?

Many thanks

First off, congratulations! I agree with whoever said that aft cabins are great. The view is fabulous. From everything I've read so far, the entertainment on this ship is incredible. I think you've made a good choice for a first cruise. Go and enjoy:D

Hi Folks,

Many thanks

Hi there! Congratulations! We just had our 25th wedding anniversary on Epic and absolutely LOVED it! We were in 9158, which was amidships on the port side, and halfway up the ship, so there was NO MOVEMENT if you are prone to seasickness like I am...It had a covered balcony and the lifeboats hanging BELOW on deck 7 DO NOT IN ANY WAY spoil your view. This cabin is convenient to the front or back of the ship since it is in the middle. we also bought the couples spa pass for $149. I just priced this cabin for Nov 19, 2011 for $1920 for two people. The bed is closer to the door in this cabin and many people have said they prefer the bed closer to the balcony so if you think that will matter remember that the cabins on either side of this one will have that layout, as they alternate. There is plenty of room for two in these regular balconies and a TON of storage. best of luck!

First off, congratulations! I agree with whoever said that aft cabins are great. The view is fabulous. From everything I've read so far, the entertainment on this ship is incredible. I think you've made a good choice for a first cruise. Go and enjoy:D

That was me who said aft facing balconies are great. Funny...luscitanica thinks aft facing balconies have a boring view. I certainly don't agree. Lots of things to see facing aft, especially when arriving or leaving ports which depends on which way the ship is facing. I do agree, however, about the vibration in the aft, especially on Epic. You don't need and alarm clock on Epic when pulling into port in the morning...the vibration will wake you up. Oh well, I will take the temporary vibration for that fabulous view any day.

That was me who said aft facing balconies are great. Funny...luscitanica thinks aft facing balconies have a boring view. I certainly don't agree. Lots of things to see facing aft, especially when arriving or leaving ports which depends on which way the ship is facing. I do agree, however, about the vibration in the aft, especially on Epic. You don't need and alarm clock on Epic when pulling into port in the morning...the vibration will wake you up. Oh well, I will take the temporary vibration for that fabulous view any day.

i so agree with coffee bean we have had aft on carnival, princess and rccl, This will be our first aft on Ncl. So looking forward to it. You wouldn't be disappointed. Best wishes on your up coming wedding/honeymoon plans.

Absolutely - the views from an aft cabin more than make up for any vibration you may feel while docking IMHO. Backing into a port like Nassau and having a view of Atlantis is pretty cool in my books:D

OP, let us know what room you decide on. The Epic looks like a great ship to me too (just remember, you are the best judge of your likes and dislikes. Read the reviews and decide for yourself - don't allow others to try to tell you what is right/wrong for you.)

• 1 year later...
Hi there! Congratulations! We just had our 25th wedding anniversary on Epic and absolutely LOVED it! We were in 9158, which was amidships on the port side, and halfway up the ship, so there was NO MOVEMENT if you are prone to seasickness like I am...It had a covered balcony and the lifeboats hanging BELOW on deck 7 DO NOT IN ANY WAY spoil your view. This cabin is convenient to the front or back of the ship since it is in the middle. we also bought the couples spa pass for $149. I just priced this cabin for Nov 19, 2011 for $1920 for two people. The bed is closer to the door in this cabin and many people have said they prefer the bed closer to the balcony so if you think that will matter remember that the cabins on either side of this one will have that layout, as they alternate. There is plenty of room for two in these regular balconies and a TON of storage. best of luck!

Thank you! This is the best info I have received. So glad you mentioned the difference in the balcony cabins with the beds near the balcony or door. I definitely want the bed near the balcony and my cabin wasn't so I just switched. Awesome info!

Archived