HAL's FAMOUS Hunky Dory (Imam) As He Looks Today:)

IRL_Joanie

For those who have met HAL's FAMOUS Hunky Dory or those who've heard of him and wondered, here are 2 photos and a link to the photos and a little info on him. Photos are from 23 September 2011 aboard Zuiderdam. Click on each photo to see full sized)

He is so handsome in his uniform!!!

sm-HD-Imam-Sept-2011-1.jpg

[

sm-HD-Imam-Sept-2011-2.jpg

The link to both photos and a little about him is here:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Hunky-Dory_Imam.html

Joanie

Joanie: Thanks for pics. First met Iman flitting around the Lido restaurant on the Oosterdam a couple of years ago when I first boarded in San Diego. You look very much like a good friend of mine that used to live in my building. I had to take a second look. Gail:eek:

We met Imam on our first cruise on the Zuiderdam in August of '03. He was so sweet and very charming and, of course, had that great memory for names. We returned to the Zuiderdam a year later, and were greeted by name by Hunky Dory. We haven't seen him in a few years, and would love to sail with him again.

IRL_Joanie: Thanks for sharing the photos of you and Hunky Dory. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure of seeing him. And, yes, he looks quite smart in his Uniform. Well done, Imam! Congratulations on the promotion!

Joanie: Thanks for pics. First met Iman flitting around the Lido restaurant on the Oosterdam a couple of years ago when I first boarded in San Diego. You look very much like a good friend of mine that used to live in my building. I had to take a second look. Gail:eek:

They say that we each have Doppelgangers:) I think I've been confused with at least 2 others over the last 15 - 20 years:) Once was a man who thought I was his sister!! He could not figure out how she got to New Mexico without telling him:)

Joanie

I have never met Imam (Hunky Dory) but have heard a lot about him. It is nice to see a photo to see what he looks like.

However, for me, it was even nicer to see these photos to see what you look like Joanie. It is always nice to put a face to a name.

It is really strange here on CC. There are some people I 'speak' to several times a week but have no idea what they look like.

Thanks for the photos.

• 10 months later...

For some strange reason I can't access your photos, Joanie - I just get the home page for TopCities and no link to your pics. Am I doing something wrong? Really wanted to see it as I can't remember who he is, from our April cruise!

For some strange reason I can't access your photos, Joanie - I just get the home page for TopCities and no link to your pics. Am I doing something wrong? Really wanted to see it as I can't remember who he is, from our April cruise!

This is an old thread and I think she has "re-hosted" photo's since this time.

Thanks Joanie, he is so cute. Congratulations to him on his promotion, he deserves it. Is he mainly on the Zuiderdam now? Wonder if we will see him next year on the Zuiderdam?

According to a post today by Copper10-8, Imam just came off the Zaandam in the past week for a well deserved vacation.

No idea what ship he'll go to next, but hoping it's one I'll be on:)

Joanie

Archived