French Connection Catamaran?

tonyt

Thinking of doing this tour via Island Marketing. Has anyone done this tour? If so, would appreciate your review.

They are very hard to work with, I have been emailing back and forth for two days now. I finally booked an excursion based on their description of the trip and when the confirmation came back, times and charges were changed, as well as a charge for transporation that was not in the original description on their website. I cancelled and asked for a refund because of these issues, they wrote back and said they canceled my reservation and that my credit card would be credited.

They are very hard to work with, I have been emailing back and forth for two days now. I finally booked an excursion based on their description of the trip and when the confirmation came back, times and charges were changed, as well as a charge for transporation that was not in the original description on their website. I cancelled and asked for a refund because of these issues, they wrote back and said they canceled my reservation and that my credit card would be credited.

Are you sure you are talking about the same excursion? There is a French Connection Power Catamaran (27 ft power catamaran with only a handful of passengers) and the French Connection Catamaran which offers optional dropping off in Marigot for shopping.

I have been on the live chat regarding these excursion for the last 20 minutes. I have been informed that the French connection catamaran (54 ft catmaran/max 35 passengers) picks up about 5-10 walk from the ship pier terminal and drop off is also at ship pier terminal, so there is no need for additional transportation to and from the catamaran from the ship terminal.

Okay, just signed up for this excursion so I can write a review when I get back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

There is a slight difference in times for the afternoon excursion due to the winter season. The afternoon excursion runs from 12:45-4:30 with meeting time at 12:30.

When filling out the form for reservations, there is a section if you want transportation to and from the excursion. If you are on a cruise ship, this isn't needed since its a short walk from the pier. Since Island Marketing also books excursions for people staying at resorts on the island, this option would be something to consider.

Okay, just signed up for this excursion so I can write a review when I get back in about 1 1/2 weeks.

There is a slight difference in times for the afternoon excursion due to the winter season. The afternoon excursion runs from 12:45-4:30 with meeting time at 12:30.

When filling out the form for reservations, there is a section if you want transportation to and from the excursion. If you are on a cruise ship, this isn't needed since its a short walk from the pier. Since Island Marketing also books excursions for people staying at resorts on the island, this option would be something to consider.

We are leaving Jan 22nd so would appreciate any info you can provide.

I agree that the tour leaves from the pier and so there is no need for additional transportation.

• 2 weeks later...
We are leaving Jan 22nd so would appreciate any info you can provide.

I agree that the tour leaves from the pier and so there is no need for additional transportation.

Just got back from our cruise. Took this excursion and it was EXCELLENT!!!!

This was one of the best Caribbean excursions we have gone on. The catamaran is called the Mirabella. If you want to see pictures, they have a facebook page called :Mirabella catamaran St. Maarten. Either that or google Mirabella catamaran st. Maarten and it should come up.

The catamaran is 54ft and looks new. Its in great condition and the staff was wonderful. We had 23 people on board so lots and lots of room.

First stop was a short stop for snorkeling close to the same place the Tiki Hut snorkel takes place. My husband and daughter said they saw fish, but not a lot but there is a sunken helicopter that they said was really interesting to see.

Second stop was a swim stop. The catamaran stopped at Mullet Bay beach and everyone got out and swam to the beach or swam in the water by the boat. It was beautiful. They supplied noodles which I found helpful.

There is a stairway at the front middle of the boat which is the easiest way to get on and off the boat. Some people used the rung type ladders in the back. There was also a slide at the back which was a lot of fun to get into the water by.

Open bar with very good rum punch was included. Snacks were served. Nothing fancy, but good. Salsa and chips, cream cheese and crackers and later sandwiches cut in quarter sections.

Two bathrooms, both very clean and easy to get to.

Staff on board was terrific. Very helpful and a lot of fun. At the end, they put on dance music and had a dance party complete with conga line. For those who just wanted to relax, there was plenty of seating and a terrific view as we sailed.

We boarded the catamaran a few blocks from the pier, maybe 5 minutes after leaving the pier area, maybe a 10 minute walk if you include walking through the pier area. At the end, they dropped us off at the same place the water taxi uses at the ship dock pier.

Times for this excursion are different in the winter months from the times during the summer months due to the shorter days. The excursion in the winter is not a full 4 hours but actually 3 hours 45 minutes if everyone arrives on time. Meeting time is 12:30, boarding time 12:45. Drop off time is exactly 4:30.

Only thing that was irritating to me was that 4 people showed up late for the excursion. The meeting time is very clearly stated as 12:30 and one group of 4 showed up at 12:40-12:45.

PEOPLE: Please show up on time, otherwise you are holding up the entire excursion group by your thoughtlessness.

Due to this group arriving late, our excursion length was cut down to 3hours and 35 minutes...not a big thing, but since I was having such a wonderful time, I would have enjoyed the extra 10 minutes. The excursion would have extended the length of the excursion by 10 minutes more but there were two groups that were on a Celebrity ship that had to be back on board by 4:45.

Loved this excursion and plan on doing it again next year when we are on St. Maarten.

Were you on the Navigator?

Did the ship change to Atlantic time or stay on Eastern time?

We have to take the morning tour because the afternoon tour is sold out.If they stay on Eastern time, we won't make the 8:30 time. Island Marketing told me the ship changes to Atlantic time but I've seen some posting that says it stays on Eastern time. I would appreciate a quick reply as we are on this Sunday's sailing of the Navigator

We were on the Ruby Princess. The Navigator was docked right next to us.

Princess ships always change time so the time is identical to island time. We have done 3 RCCL cruises including the Navigator, and I don't remember a rule as to how RCCL handles it.

I would suggest posting this question on the RCCL boards. I'm sure you'd get more specific info from someone on that board.

• 6 months later...
Just got back from our cruise. Took this excursion and it was EXCELLENT!!!!

This was one of the best Caribbean excursions we have gone on. The catamaran is called the Mirabella. If you want to see pictures, they have a facebook page called :Mirabella catamaran St. Maarten. Either that or google Mirabella catamaran st. Maarten and it should come up.

The catamaran is 54ft and looks new. Its in great condition and the staff was wonderful. We had 23 people on board so lots and lots of room.

First stop was a short stop for snorkeling close to the same place the Tiki Hut snorkel takes place. My husband and daughter said they saw fish, but not a lot but there is a sunken helicopter that they said was really interesting to see.

Second stop was a swim stop. The catamaran stopped at Mullet Bay beach and everyone got out and swam to the beach or swam in the water by the boat. It was beautiful. They supplied noodles which I found helpful.

There is a stairway at the front middle of the boat which is the easiest way to get on and off the boat. Some people used the rung type ladders in the back. There was also a slide at the back which was a lot of fun to get into the water by.

Open bar with very good rum punch was included. Snacks were served. Nothing fancy, but good. Salsa and chips, cream cheese and crackers and later sandwiches cut in quarter sections.

Two bathrooms, both very clean and easy to get to.

Staff on board was terrific. Very helpful and a lot of fun. At the end, they put on dance music and had a dance party complete with conga line. For those who just wanted to relax, there was plenty of seating and a terrific view as we sailed.

We boarded the catamaran a few blocks from the pier, maybe 5 minutes after leaving the pier area, maybe a 10 minute walk if you include walking through the pier area. At the end, they dropped us off at the same place the water taxi uses at the ship dock pier.

Times for this excursion are different in the winter months from the times during the summer months due to the shorter days. The excursion in the winter is not a full 4 hours but actually 3 hours 45 minutes if everyone arrives on time. Meeting time is 12:30, boarding time 12:45. Drop off time is exactly 4:30.

Only thing that was irritating to me was that 4 people showed up late for the excursion. The meeting time is very clearly stated as 12:30 and one group of 4 showed up at 12:40-12:45.

PEOPLE: Please show up on time, otherwise you are holding up the entire excursion group by your thoughtlessness.

Due to this group arriving late, our excursion length was cut down to 3hours and 35 minutes...not a big thing, but since I was having such a wonderful time, I would have enjoyed the extra 10 minutes. The excursion would have extended the length of the excursion by 10 minutes more but there were two groups that were on a Celebrity ship that had to be back on board by 4:45.

Loved this excursion and plan on doing it again next year when we are on St. Maarten.

Thanks for this detail and great review of this tour. I will be looking into this tour when we visit St. Maarten in Nov.

• 5 months later...
Are you sure you are talking about the same excursion? There is a French Connection Power Catamaran (27 ft power catamaran with only a handful of passengers) and the French Connection Catamaran which offers optional dropping off in Marigot for shopping.

I have been on the live chat regarding these excursion for the last 20 minutes. I have been informed that the French connection catamaran (54 ft catmaran/max 35 passengers) picks up about 5-10 walk from the ship pier terminal and drop off is also at ship pier terminal, so there is no need for additional transportation to and from the catamaran from the ship terminal.

Hello,

Did you enjoy your snorkeling trip? We're thinking of booking the same trip (one that leaves the 5-10 min. walk from the ship pier terminal) for Feb. when the Norwegian Gem is in port. Any comments would be appreciated. thanks.

Carol

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all the information provided by people who have done this excursion! Very helpful.

The website description includes a reference to "basic fishing gear" being available, along with the snorkeling gear. My better half would prefer fishing to snorkeling. I'd be really interested in hearing from anyone who took advantage of that option or witnessed anyone on their excursion doing so. I live-chatted with Island Marketing and was told it's just a couple very basic fishing poles and some bait. It's not like we could KEEP anything we might actually catch. We don't even really care if we don't CATCH anything. It would just be cool to actually fish in the Caribbean. (He's not interested in deep sea fishing, just casting or throwing out a line with a bobber.)

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

• 7 months later...