Eurodam Internet

Mjjpower

I read recently that the Eurodam was test piloting a new internet package which seemed like a great deal although I can't recall the details. Has anyone cruised in the last couple of weeks that can tell me if this is still being "tried out" on board the Eurodam? We sail on the 31st and are hoping to keep in touch with family at home via email.:)

I too read on this board that the were testing a new internet pkg on the Eurodam. As we are doing the TA in 3 weeks, it would be wonderful if they were still testing. I'd be more than willing to be their guinea pig!

They were testing on our Europdam cruise March 10 to 17th. The price was very good, $19 for 100 minutes or $33 for 250 minutes plus a $3.95 set up charge.

We just used the ship computers up in the Crow's Nest (did not have trouble getting a computer spot) and only used it to check on E-mail. It seemed to work fairly well but I can't compare it to any previous cruises. The only real trouble night was the last night before disembarkation, it took by husband forever to get our air boarding passes for the next morning but they fnally came through.

I hope they keep some kind of reasonable offer for Internet minutes, so at least those of us still working can check E-mail and make short replies.

As I stated before, I will gladly be their guinea pig at that price! What a difference that would make as we are on the TA crossing with 7 days at sea. Anyone recently off the Eurodam know if they are still "testing?"

Yes, those are the prices. We're just off the Eurodam today, and I used two rounds of the 250 minute package, for $33 per go-around. Great deal BUT -- it was quite slow, and often unresponsive in our cabin. The bathroom was the most reliable WiFi in our cabin for some reason. My laptop and iPad connected well at our cabana and, of course, at the Explorer's library.

Just got off the eurodam this morning and we has the 19.99 for 100 minutes. It took awhile for us to connect on my iPad and several times was through off but it seemed to work in general. Just remember whom every is going on the eurodam and has att you have service in puerto rico and while on the ship you and text you just have get call att international to get an upgrade on your data plan then you can cancel when you return. I received phone calls from us while in the middle of the ocean and texts a majority of the time.

I am really excited to read this.....I didn't take my laptop on the last cruise as it has been way too expensive and slow to bother with....I spent more time trying to connect and reconnect and .....well you get the idea. I plan to do a lot of reading on this trip and would love to surf as well on my little laptop. Hopefully they will still be testing when we leave on the 7th...14 days and counting!!! woo hoo:D

I used the ships computers instead of the small laptop I brought with me as the connection times were quicker, almost instant. It means going up the the Crows Nest / library instead of being elsewhere on the ship but it is a very nice area to hang out. I found the connections to be very quick - no complaints at all.

Archived