Chukka Zipline at Rosehall review w/pix

bajathree

I just wanted to give a bit of feedback on a Royal excursion I just did last week....Chukka Zipline At Rosehall. The ride from Falmouth over to the location in Rosehall is about 30 minutes....the bus is comfortable and good AC...a bit of narrating along the way there. Once arrived at the location you sign your wavers and get fitted....equipment was good and staff pleasant and humorous. You then get a brief instruction course. They have a small gift shop and some refreshments are available. You then load into a safari vehicle for about a 10-15 minute ride further up the mountain. Platforms are good and there isn't a whole lot of hiking from one to another. The traverses are good...right through the tree canopy and some have ocean views. In total i believe there were about 7...and a couple surprises also:D...don't want to spoil it. Staff was very good and our safety seemed to always be a concern for them...never felt we were unsafe. My daughter and I had a blast....so much that we already signed up again for our next trip there. All in all I would say we were like 2 hrs from start to finish. After the last surprise:D you get back in the safari truck back to base camp. They take pictures along the way and you can see and purchase them if you like....you are also asked to please fill out a comment card and if you were happy to please leave a tip in a box if you like.....you were NEVER pressured to purchase anything or felt like you were being pressured to tip....but of course most did because it was just such a great tour. We had 2 full buses and i never heard anyone complain....just smile and laughs and good times. You then load the bus back to Falmouth....music along the way back and again about a 30 minute ride......never even asked to tip the driver or anything.....2 thumbs up on this one and a definite recommend....like I said...I already booked it again for my next cruise.

2888039820104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2952183870104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2730754320104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2281605400104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the review; looks and sounds awesome! How much did it cost? When you say two hours start to finish, does that include travel time from the ship and back? Did the Chukka guide(s) meet with you inside the gate at the pier or outside? I've heard bad things about stepping outside the gate. :eek:

Thanks for putting up with my interrogation. :)

Thanks for the review; looks and sounds awesome! How much did it cost? When you say two hours start to finish, does that include travel time from the ship and back? Did the Chukka guide(s) meet with you inside the gate at the pier or outside? I've heard bad things about stepping outside the gate. :eek:

Thanks for putting up with my interrogation. :)

The cost thru Royal is $99/pp. When I said 2 hours...I meant just the actual zip-line portion itself....the total tour is about 4 hours in all with transportation and all. You meet inside the gates of the port at Falmouth pier by a Chukka representative and then are taken to a waiting bus and introduced to your driver...you are transported to the facility and that is where you meet your actual guides for the zip-line.

I checked and it seems there are two RC excursions -- the one with just the zip line for $99 and another with the zip line and kayaking for $125. The weird thing is the first one is 4.5 hours and the second is 3. Wonder how adding an additional activity could make it shorter?

Sounds like there was no awkward product push on this excursion, which is great. I keep reading reviews where they make a mandatory stop at a gift shop or force you to tip or something crazy.

I checked and it seems there are two RC excursions -- the one with just the zip line for $99 and another with the zip line and kayaking for $125. The weird thing is the first one is 4.5 hours and the second is 3. Wonder how adding an additional activity could make it shorter?

Sounds like there was no awkward product push on this excursion, which is great. I keep reading reviews where they make a mandatory stop at a gift shop or force you to tip or something crazy.

Thats a different excursion at a different location...the one with kayaking is at The Great Hope Estate....that one only has about 3 traverses....it also has been canceled for the last month due to low water levels on the river they use for the kayaking....it's the same river they use for the one combined with tubing and wouldn't open back up untill the water levels on the river rise....when the rainy season starts....its been dry in Jamaica right now.....this excursion review is for Chukka Zipline Canopy at Rosehall - FY12

We'll be booking this excursion for our cruise in August. Just wondering what you can bring with you and where to store it. Will probably be bringing a small bag with wallet, sunscreen, camera etc. Is the ziplining activity too active to carry a camera safely? Is there a place for lockers to store the bag?

We'll be booking this excursion for our cruise in August. Just wondering what you can bring with you and where to store it. Will probably be bringing a small bag with wallet, sunscreen, camera etc. Is the ziplining activity too active to carry a camera safely? Is there a place for lockers to store the bag?

They have lockers at base camp that you can rent for $5...I took my I-Phone and carried it in my pocket...no problem...that is what i took the pix with...was even texting my wife on the platforms.

• 5 months later...
We were booked on the Chukka Zipline at Rose Hall for our Freedom cruise next week and have been notified by RCCL that the excursion was cancelled. They didn't say why. We were really looking forward to it.

HHHMMMmmm...wonder why....maybe something to due with the weather conditions or something...I know the road to get up to the zip-line is challenging terrain.

I'm curious as well. We are booked in November and I'm wondering if we should change now to avoid a last minute cancellation. It's our first time to Jamaica and really looking forward to this! Although a beach day sounds nice right about now.....

Well a little late in writing but, we did this in July, and had the time of our lives!

The terrain bumpy road was truly a challenge for the ATV big truck like people mover.

We really enjoyed this excursion, so much we are re-booking for next July!!!

Liked it better than Canopy tour in Ocho Rios, maybe because it is the last one we did.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Well a little late in writing but, we did this in July, and had the time of our lives!

The terrain bumpy road was truly a challenge for the ATV big truck like people mover.

We really enjoyed this excursion, so much we are re-booking for next July!!!

Liked it better than Canopy tour in Ocho Rios, maybe because it is the last one we did.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

So is this the one that has the bob sledding also or is that totally different one?

Thanks

woody

Does anyone know if there is some type of "waiting" area? Our teenage daughter wants to go but the hubby and I are not interested in hanging from a wire. Any suggestions?

Yes...there is with a picknick style table....and they sell beers as well as soda and water and a small gift shop.

Archived