Oceania - Marina Cabin 7071 or 7073 Question?

B & C

Question to Marina cruisers, if you have sailed on the Marina and by any chance in a Deluxe Oceanview (F to C window, no balcony)? We have booked this category on a 02/2013 Riviera cruise and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the view is obstructed in cabins 7071 & 7073 at all? I know the tenders/lifeboats are just below us but was hoping they don't get in the way of a view out the windows. Hard to find someone who has been in those exact cabins and O says none of the cabins have obstructed views but I take that with a grain of "sea" salt :)!

Thanks and we are looking forward to our first Oceania cruise!

B & C :) ;)

I cannot say for sure, as I have not yet been on an O class ship. However, looking at the ship, it appears that the view obstructions are on deck 6, and you can see the windows on deck 7 (look at the ship, and the bridge deck is deck 11). Most lines are pretty careful to note which cabins might have an obstructed view. I am sure someone will be able to give you a more certain answer.

I had a chance to view these cabins on Marina in January and there definetly is no direct obstruction, just lifeboats below. If you can live without the balcony but enjoy the large floor to ceiling windows, to me it is just as good as a standard balcony stateroom, surely more bang for the buck!

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

F:\MOVED FROM C DRIVE\My Documents\My Pictures\pool\chair\M to SF nikon 2\DSC_6605.JPG

Not sure how one posts a photo ???????

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

I never can get it to work for me :D

Simple as pie, Lyn (especially from the web).

• When browsing ANY website, put your cursor over the photo in question, and right click.
  • Choose the option "copy image url".
  • Then, when replying to a post on Cruise Critic, left click on the "insert image" icon.
  • Paste the Url of the image that you copied earlier into the box that appears

Wizard1.gif

Click on "Submit Reply", And Yer DONE!

To add to Jim's great description, if the photo you want to post does not yet exist on the web, then put it there -- through any number of good photo hosting sites. I think the one Jum uses, and which I recently joined as a result, is called dropshots.com. But, there are plenty of others. Just be sure the one you choose does not have a restiction against posting a link to that picture.

Once you have uploaded your photos, navigate to an image, then follow Jim's instuctions.

easy_as_pie.jpg

Thanks for the information on photos. Wish I could have met Hondorner on the

first Marina, Miami to San Francisco cruise. Were JimandStan on that cruise also? I will try to post photo again.:confused:

12:53:30

Thanks for the information on photos. Wish I could have met Hondorner on the

first Marina, Miami to San Francisco cruise. Were JimandStan on that cruise also? I will try to post photo again.:confused:

12:53:30

Yep. We first met in Genoa at the float-out of Marina and the cutting of the first steel for Riviera and became fast friends. We were together on the Miami-San Francisco leg last February (Betsy and I were on the maiden voyage, but Jim and Stan's work schedule didn't allow them enough time). Now, we're together again on Riviera's Christening cruise and maiden voyage. We're among the world's odd couples; the 70-something hicks from Okeechobee, Florida and the 50-something sophisticates from New York!

125330.jpg

I'm with LHT28. I did join dropshots, and tried to follow the directions given by JimandStan, but photo didn't show on my post! One more try - :( and i go back to just text postings.:D

I think I might have been asked to a meet and greet in JimandStan's cabin, but had a reservation at Jacques at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote=JAKUEHNLE;33590674]125330.jpg

I'm with LHT28. I did join dropshots, and tried to follow the directions given by JimandStan, but photo didn't show on my post! One more try - :( and i go back to just text postings.:D

I think I might have been asked to a meet and greet in JimandStan's cabin, but had a reservation at Jacques at the same time.

Thanks for the information on the Cat C cabins 7071 & 7073 on whether or not you can see the lifeboats below as you are looking out the windows. Good to know that there shouldn't be any problem. Wonder if the boats get in the way if and when they use them as tenders?

For all those of you who are sailing on her Maiden Voyage right now - how is it going and are you just loving it!!!! Keep us posted if time permits and fill us all in when you get back - we want to hear all the scoop and pictures - definately pictures!!!:) Our February 2013 sailing just can't get here quick enough - but love the anticipation. So any and all info will be very helpful. Anyone partake in the new Excursion Packages that have been briefly talked about? Interested in knowing more about those and how many excursions you have to purchase.

Again - thanks for the info and the picture!!

B & C :) ;)

We were in 7073 last week on Marina, yes no obstruction, lifeboat below, some morning noise from them if tendering and they are launching them. Room is normally very quiet and midships so equal distance between both elevators.

There is no obstruction and a clear view. It is the best possible "oceanview" arrangement that I have ever seen. The rooms are identical to the balcony rooms, but without the balcony. We have been on the 7th floor on Marina twice. Be sure to check the location of your proposed cabin. Earlier this month we were in 7069 on Marina. Turns out it is above Martini's. In the evenings, the noise penetrates significantly from the sound system just below. They have an amplified sound system throughout Martinis, with speakers mounted in the cieling. When they have a band, a singer or even some of the piano performances, it is rather loud in 7069, and maybe others. A call to the front desk was met with .....nothing. Best to avoid areas over loud entertainment, if that type of thing bothers you. We had a singer one night who started at 10:45pm and went on until about midnight. It was very loud. My mistake, I should have been alert to a possible issue. Next time!!

You have me a little concerned about noise from Martinis now. We are in cabin 7060 on Riviera next year. Anyone stayed in this cabin?

You can expect that there are cieling mounted amplified speakers under that cabin. With so much lead time, you might be smart to consider getting a cabin away from that area.

I cannot speak to Marina or Riviera specifically (I am a first-timer leaving tomorrow for my first O sailing), but I was stuck with a cabin over a public room with music in the past. It was one of my first cruises, and I did not think to check what was below my stateroom when we booked. Turns out our room was over a club/lounge area that played music until midnight or later. It was awful! We asked to be switched, but were told it was a full sailing. I will never book a room above a public area with music ever again! While I'm sure the music selection/volume on Norwegian differs from that on Oceania, I would still recommend switching rooms now if you can! Better safe, etc. etc...

Thanks for the advice -- I think I will see what else is available. I was just looking for a B3 midship. I am quite sensitive to noise when I'm trying to get to sleep -- it's hard enough to drop off after a busy day when there is so much going on.

i've been following this thread with great interest and mounting concern. We are booked in cabin 7079 on a Black Sea cruise in July, 2013. Oceanview cabins are the only category sold out at this point. Does anyone know if the noise extends down the hall from to where it will pose a problem for us at night? Thanks.

Harriet

Hi Harriet,

We found cabin 7073 very quiet, we did not hear anything from adjoining rooms or from lounges below, I am sure you will not have any problem with 7079. The elevators and stairs are a small distance away so there is no sound from them. We also found that the room attendants were not out wheeling their trolleys early in the morning, I have noticed this on other ships.

Archived