Cruise ship for sale!

So that's ex-Destiny that Louis want sold by the end of this year (I think that puts end to rumours of it joining Thomson or Island then).

Thomson Majesty that Louis want sold. No date on that one, but I guess as soon as possible then. Would suggest then that it won't be with Thomson that long.

And then Island Escape that I think has been for sale for quite a while.

Some other ships on their that are Louis' too. Looks like it's only Thomson Spirit that they don't want to get rid of - probably explains why they are doing some work on it. How can Louis still operate though when they've got ships they are trying to sell laid up? Hope they sell Destiny soon so they can put the money back into one of their other ships.

More interestingly, there's a ship there for sale at 55,819 GT with 1600 passengers. The only ship of that size is MS Ryndam, one of the Statendam fleet of HAL. Now there's one to go for Thomson!!! :D

Destiny is for sale for $57 million, while Majesty is $120 million!!! Double! Would never have thought that Majesty was worth that much more than Destiny. Guessing Louis must want a pretty quick sale. Island Escape is $60 million, and I would say Destiny was in a better condition.

Destiny is for sale for $57 million, while Majesty is $120 million!!! Double! Would never have thought that Majesty was worth that much more than Destiny. Guessing Louis must want a pretty quick sale. Island Escape is $60 million, and I would say Destiny was in a better condition.

Sailaway Destiny is priced at 45 million euro! I did have a giggle when I saw IE at 60 million dollars followed by 'try less'!! :)

It would appear to me too that Louis want a quick sale of Destiny kind of makes you wonder if they are ditching out of the cruise game, possibly in financial trouble or both?

Sailaway Destiny is priced at 45 million euro! I did have a giggle when I saw IE at 60 million dollars followed by 'try less'!! :)

It would appear to me too that Louis want a quick sale of Destiny kind of makes you wonder if they are ditching out of the cruise game, possibly in financial trouble or both?

Did a conversion of €45 million and came to $57 million to compare them both. I know it must be difficult for Louis at the moment with the Greek financial crisis and the cruise business in general must be struggling in Greece as I doubt many over there will be going on cruises. If Louis want to sell their two largest ship and are after a quick sale on one, they must not be doing brilliantly. Especially when they seemed to have a lot of plans for Destiny with an overhaul of their cruise product that seems to have disappeared now. I worry though that if Louis did have problems in the future with the Greek economy as it is, what will Thomson do? They'll have two ships that can't sail.

Gosh - knew the IE was up for sale - it has been for a very long time but am surprised about the Majesty although I can't admit to being disappointed about that as for a number of reasons didn't think she was the right ship for Thomson. Didn't realise she could carry 1,900 passengers though!

Well, that's all very interesting - let's just hope it leads to some new acquisitions for Thomson.

Gosh - knew the IE was up for sale - it has been for a very long time but am surprised about the Majesty although I can't admit to being disappointed about that as for a number of reasons didn't think she was the right ship for Thomson. Didn't realise she could carry 1,900 passengers though!

Well, that's all very interesting - let's just hope it leads to some new acquisitions for Thomson.

I have to agree. Even though reviews are much better now for Majesty, I still don't think it fits with Thomson's fleet. With what I've been hearing regarding public space on board, don't think I'd like to be on it with 1,900 passengers. Imagine the buffet queue and the rush for sun loungers!!! :eek:

Jeez!! Maybe its a case of put them all up for sale and sell whatever one goes first because we need cash now?!

Seems like sailaway is having fun cruise ship shopping, keep up the good work :D

Oh I am! :D

Loving this cruise ships for sale site. There's a lot out there that I didn't realise were for sale. Quite a few on here around 40 to 50,000 GT, perfect for Thomson really. I think I will have a completely new fleet constructed by Thursday! :D

So far found four Louis Cruises ships for sale. Considering they have seven, it seems that Thomson Spirit is lucky not to be listed yet. :confused: Waiting to find the other two for sale now.

CRUISE VESSEL FOR SALE PAX 2250 BLT 95

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 | Hits: 344 | Stock No: #3215

share.gif Share add_to_favorites.gif Add to favorites print.gif Print report.gif Report Offensive Ad

Model: CRUISE VESSEL

Gold

M/V TBN

CRUISE VESSEL BLT 1995

PAX 2,250 IN 889 CABINS

– MALTA FLAG

– LOA 246.50M

– BREADTH 32.20M

– GT 72,458

– NT 39,625

ABOUT 7,260 TDW ON 7.82M DRAFT (LADEN)

BUILT 11/1995 BY MEYER JL GMBH & CO.

– G IN GEU, GERMANY

CLASS LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING

SPECIAL SURVEY PASSED 11/2010

MAIN EGNINES MAN/B&W 9L48/60 2 X 19,887 BHP ( TOTAL 39,768 BHP)

PAX 2,250 IN 889 CABINS, ALL WITH PRIVATE FACIITIES

DELIVERY BY ARRANGEMENT, TRY FAIRLY EARLY.

(ALL DETAILS GIVEN TO BE CORRECT BUT NOT GUARANTEED )

WE WILL REVERT ONLY FOR SERIOUS INTEREST

FOR MORE INFO PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR COMPANY NAME AND BACKGROUND

CRUISE VESSEL FOR SALE PAX 2250 BLT 95

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 | Hits: 344 | Stock No: #3215

share.gif Share add_to_favorites.gif Add to favorites print.gif Print report.gif Report Offensive Ad

Model: CRUISE VESSEL

Gold

M/V TBN

CRUISE VESSEL BLT 1995

PAX 2,250 IN 889 CABINS

– MALTA FLAG

– LOA 246.50M

– BREADTH 32.20M

– GT 72,458

– NT 39,625

ABOUT 7,260 TDW ON 7.82M DRAFT (LADEN)

BUILT 11/1995 BY MEYER JL GMBH & CO.

– G IN GEU, GERMANY

CLASS LLOYD’S REGISTER OF SHIPPING

SPECIAL SURVEY PASSED 11/2010

MAIN EGNINES MAN/B&W 9L48/60 2 X 19,887 BHP ( TOTAL 39,768 BHP)

PAX 2,250 IN 889 CABINS, ALL WITH PRIVATE FACIITIES

DELIVERY BY ARRANGEMENT, TRY FAIRLY EARLY.

(ALL DETAILS GIVEN TO BE CORRECT BUT NOT GUARANTEED )

WE WILL REVERT ONLY FOR SERIOUS INTEREST

FOR MORE INFO PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR COMPANY NAME AND BACKGROUND

Is that for Celebrity Century? Had posted on Celebrity forum that I thought I'd found Century for sale, and apparently they have someone in Miami checking Cruise Critic (their only job! Now that I want! :D) and if anything is posted they don't like they can close links.

Thanks for adding it. I'll copy it over to the Celebrity boards so people can see it who might have missed it before it was taken off! Thanks. ;)

I think the first ship on the list is Carnival Fantasy

the second is Celebrity Century

the third is Maasdam

Yes, the first is definitely one of the Fantasy class of Carnival, second is Century, and I think the third is either Statendam or Ryndam as I think Maasdam is slightly smaller and was built in 1989, whereas this is 1993. Carnival can keep its Fantasy ship, but I'd happily have one of the other two please!

Yes, the first is definitely one of the Fantasy class of Carnival, second is Century, and I think the third is either Statendam or Ryndam as I think Maasdam is slightly smaller and was built in 1989, whereas this is 1993. Carnival can keep its Fantasy ship, but I'd happily have one of the other two please!

I think it is Maasdam as the 3 sisters were ordered in 1989 but only Maasdam was launched in January 1993

Funny that it is the second of the class and not the first which is for sale.

further reading suggests Statendam

Oh for goodness sake the cruise ship shopping police are watching us!!

Would've thought if people are talking about Celebrity perhaps getting new ships and getting rid of their old ones then its a good thing? People are interested if they're talking about it and thats the best publicity any company can get! Anyway it is the internet and Google was invented for a reason :D

Archived