Roll away cots onboard

Ave43

Hello!

I was wondering if Carnival provides roll away cots for staterooms, and if so, is there an additional cost? The room we booked says max 3 and we have four. We indicated four when booking and were assigned that room. I don't think we can sleep two adults, a 12 year old in the king bed. My son would be on the overhead. A cot would be great.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Ave

I've seen posted that only the older ships are permitted to use roll-away beds; they were grandfathered in past current USCG regulations. I'm kind of surprised anyone is able to book a cabin with more than the listed capacity.

On the paradise. Carnival booked it for me as I had won the cruise. I didn't have a choice of room selection. I called and they said I'd have a trundle. I've been on the Paradise and I have no idea how they'd fit a trundle in that 185 sq ft room. We shall see! Hoping they keep,the bed outmofmthe room all day until after dinner. There would be no way we could move if they left it open in the room. No way it would fit under the king bed

On the paradise. Carnival booked it for me as I had won the cruise. I didn't have a choice of room selection. I called and they said I'd have a trundle. I've been on the Paradise and I have no idea how they'd fit a trundle in that 185 sq ft room. We shall see! Hoping they keep,the bed outmofmthe room all day until after dinner. There would be no way we could move if they left it open in the room. No way it would fit under the king bed

Our trundle on Inspiration out of Tampa, Halloween 2011, they put the trundle in a corner on the far wall at the foot of our bed; that was with 3 pax. They don't normally take it down every day.

Our first cruise was on the Inspiration out of Tampa. We were a family of 4 booked in a cabin for 3. I slept in ghe bunk and DH slept in the king bed with our 2 kids who were 8 & 10 at the time. We opted to not do the trundle because of floor space.

Looking at the pic above with the king bed separated to twins makes much more sense and i would have the room steward do that rather than the king bed with the trundle.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at booking on the Breeze on the More = Merrier promo

The room will be for 3 People and Carnival chooses a room for you... Not sure I want to do that if there is a possibility of a Trundle ? But if the Breeze is a new ship there should not be one right ? Its a diffrence of $200.... I have been trying to call Carnival for days now ! Holding over 1 hour and giving up ! I guess they are busy because of The Trimp fire ??

This is what is says

You’ve selected More = Merrier!

The fare selected has a minimum occupancy requirement. Changes in occupancy may cause an adjustment to the cruise fare based on the prevailing rate at the time when the cancellation occurs. Click here for additional information and details. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility that stateroom includes a trundle bed (73\"x29\).

The trundle is small, on the Paradise, I pulled it out from under the bed, but my son was 6'5 and they brought in a regular cot and yes it was left in the room the entire time, we had about a foot in between our bed and his cot as you can see in the pic, they took out a corner chair and placed the cot there.

This slid out from under the bed:

Paradise2012Cruise019.jpg[/url]

This is the cot replacement:

Paradise2012Cruise341.jpg

Archived