My new Cruise music cd [ipod]!

M.S JAZO

Since there was a thread with fav cruise music, I made a new list of music i downloaded onto my ipod, and I called it CruiseDreamin

Kokomo, Beach Boys

Fun Fun Fun, Beach Boys

Vacation, Go Go's

Come Sail Away, Styx

Beyond the Sea, Bobby Darin

Edge of the Ocean, IVY

Dancing in the Moonlight, King Harvest

Girls Just wanna have Fun, Cindy Lauper

Soak up the Sun, Sheryl Crow

Red Red Wine, UB40

Tell me is it true, UB40

I cant Help, UB40

Summer Brezze, Seals and Crofts

Rock the Boat, Hughs Corp

Lust for Life, Iggy Pop

Holiday, Madonna

Isla Bonita, Madonna

if you had a few minutes, if you could tell me more about your iPod. although I love gadgets and am computer savvy, I know NOTHING about iPods and my DH is hinting that he wants one for his birthday, and I wanted to "educate" myself before I plunge into looking for one.

what are the difference between memory capacities? how many songs does each hold?

where do you get the songs to download onto them? how much do the songs cost? what kind of software/hardware do you need to hook the damn thing up to the computer?

what's the "going rate" for the iPods? (I'm planning on trying to get one on eBay). are there any "must have" accessories?

which models can hold pictures as well? do they hold anything else or have any other uses?

THANKS!

if you had a few minutes, if you could tell me more about your iPod. although I love gadgets and am computer savvy, I know NOTHING about iPods and my DH is hinting that he wants one for his birthday, and I wanted to "educate" myself before I plunge into looking for one.

what are the difference between memory capacities? how many songs does each hold?

where do you get the songs to download onto them? how much do the songs cost? what kind of software/hardware do you need to hook the damn thing up to the computer?

what's the "going rate" for the iPods? (I'm planning on trying to get one on eBay). are there any "must have" accessories?

which models can hold pictures as well? do they hold anything else or have any other uses?

THANKS!

I'll jump in on this one... we got my OSD an iPod for XMas this year. We got her a 20GB that SHOULD hold about 5,000 songs (I think she has about 300 on it right now).

DH & I signed up for an iTunes account which is under one of our email addresses and you need to use a credit card to hold it. For iTunes you set up an account with your cc#, and then as you download (at .99 per song + tax) they charge your account. They also send you a summary of what you have downloaded, and keep tract of what you bought. This way if OSD has bought something and I want that song as well, I can pull it from HER list.

You can have your iTunes account on up to 5 different computers, which works well for us because we have a "kids" computer and a "DH & I" computer. I'm not sure if you can have more than 1 iPod on a computer, but we are going to look into it as YSD just got a mini-iPod.

Software comes with the iPod... you do need to have a USB port, and it needs to be recent, I know DH had to go buy an updated port (cheap) to run the iPod.

Price... I THINK we paid $250 for hers, I know it was on sale.

Accessories... OSD bought a carry case that she can hook onto her belt, and we bought her speakers (for her B-day) so she can use the iPod as a stereo. She loves the speakers, she then "shares" her choice of music with us.

As for the photo iPod... sorry no knowledge there. You can go to www (dot) itunes (dot) com, and there is alot of information and a great message board site for support or questions.

Hope this helps.

THANKS!

You may want to take a look at the product offerings from Creative over the IPOD.

Pros

Less expensive per Gigabyte

Builtin FM Tuner

Builtin Microphone for taking voice notes

You can store music from any source

Can be synced with Outlook to hold Calander and Contact Info

User replacable battery.

Cons

No "I am too cool" factor.

Hey Mama - Yes, you can take what you already have on your hard drive, plus, you can take from cd's too. My ipod holds about 10,000 songs - I have about 1600 so far. My husband had the one that holds photos and album covers, etc. It holds about 15,000 songs and he's got about 6,00 so far.

More song suggestions

Beach Boys - Surfin' Safari, Surfin' USA, and Catch A Wave

:) :) :)

You guys got ahead of me, but here my answers, I bought an Mini ipod, theres 3 kinds, the reg size which about the the size of a pack of smokes, It was going at best buy for $299, it includes headphones, software and the cable that goes to your computer, Does not include charger, the cable that goes to the computer also charges the ipod, but takes 6 hours so that it can have a 18 hour life, the charger only takes 2 hours to charge, then theres the Mini Ipod $199, includes same stuff, and then theres the little one, the size of a pack of gum, cheapest is $99, of course the prize may vary for each depending on its hard drive, I only got one with a 4GB. 1000 songs, thats plenty for me, i only got like 60 so far and it took me forever to get those, i am picky., they also come in colors, Silver, white, pink, green and some other, but i only saw those at best buy,, i didnt check about any with pictures or anything, but mine has a few games, calenders, and a place to put your phone numbers, plus the sound is great, u could put it a full volume and it sounds crystal clear, not like tape players or cd player where they will sound all fuzzy.

thanks for the info. do you happen to know if I can download songs I all ready have on my computer/hard drive? we've downloaded quite a few all ready from Napster and itunes, as well as from our CD's.

thanks!

If you already have iTunes, you're most of the way there. Just import the MP3 songs into your iTunes library, and then when you hook up your iPod, you can then easily drag-n-drop the music onto the iPod's icon.

Jimmy Cliff: The Harder They Come and I Can See Clearly Now

IPods are incredible. I'd stick with the real thing, but that's just me. Plus the cool factor is definitely there. If someone wants an IPod or a Shuffle, they probably will be disppointed in anything else.

You can dowload all your own CD's into ITunes, then play them or load them on you IPod. Easy to make different playlists - I change mine all the time. You don't have to get the music form the ITunes music store. ITunes is like Media Player or Real Player - it is a free music managing software that is amazing in its capabilities.

I'm not sure if you can have more than 1 iPod on a computer, but we are going to look into it as YSD just got a mini-iPod.

Hope this helps.

You can have more than 1 ipod on a computer. I have a mini and a 20GB on my computer. You might also want to check your local warehouse club ie Costco, BJs as they may throw in extras. I purchased my 20G from Costco and they threw an accessory pack for free. It came with another set of headphones, battery pack and a thingy to hook my Ipod up to my stereo.

You can have more than 1 ipod on a computer. I have a mini and a 20GB on my computer. You might also want to check your local warehouse club ie Costco, BJs as they may throw in extras. I purchased my 20G from Costco and they threw an accessory pack for free. It came with another set of headphones, battery pack and a thingy to hook my Ipod up to my stereo.

Thanks... is this easy to set up?

When we bought OSD her iPod we installed the software at our home, then she went to her mom's home, installed the same software and wiped out her entire library (we were able to get it back). Now OSD is afraid that if we install YSD mini iPod on our home computer it will wipe her library out again.

WoW........what a deal....

Pay around $200 to $300 for an I-Pod then a couple hundred $$ for the acessories.....

It can hold 5000 songs for which they will charge you .99 cents + tax for each song.......

The salesman at Best Buy told me the rechargeable batteries last maybe 1 1/2 years.....and are very expensive to replace...

Yet, I find myself strangely drawn to them ! :rolleyes:

I looked into the Photo I-Pod $349 to $449 depending on size. Plus the accesory for uploading pictures....thinking I might use it as a back up device for my digital camera........till I noticed 1 gigabite memory cards on sale for like $79..........

Thanks... is this easy to set up?

When we bought OSD her iPod we installed the software at our home, then she went to her mom's home, installed the same software and wiped out her entire library (we were able to get it back). Now OSD is afraid that if we install YSD mini iPod on our home computer it will wipe her library out again.

I did the same the first time. Below is how to add

You can manage your iPod or iPod mini with different computers as long as the computers are running the same operating system (Mac OS X or Windows) and you have set the iPod to "manually manage songs and playlists."

Modes

By default iPod is set to "Automatically update all songs and playlists" sometimes called automatic mode. In order to transfer music from multiple computers iPod must be set to "Manually manage songs and playlists" sometimes referred to as manual mode.

The iPod "iPod" is linked to another iTunes music library. Do you want to change the link to this iTunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this iPod with those from this library?"

If you want to delete the music library on iPod and make the second computer iPod's "home" computer. Click Yes. iTunes will delete all songs and playlists on the iPod, and then will copy the music library and playlists from the new home computer to iPod.

Manual Mode

If you want to keep the music library on iPod, but copy songs or playlists from the music library on the second computer, click No to this dialog box, and then set iPod to manual mode.

We are getting our list for the cruise together right now. I would recommend to anyone that doesn't have an IPOD yet, don't buy one. I bought an iRiver H10 for my gf. This unit is compatible with NapsterToGo. NTG is only $14.99/month and allows you unlimited amount of songs. The only catch is that you must hook your mp3 player up to your computer atleast once per billing cycle so it can reissue new licenses to your unit. I have had many friends and family members get rid of their ipods for the iRiver. If you buy the unit through napster I think you get like 3months free. You can even put photos on it like the ipod photo, and it is alot cheaper.

I love the new Kenny Chesney cd(Be As You Are) it has a great mix of island songs. I keep it in my cd player for the 2-3 days before I goto Boca Grande fishing.

Archived