Ultimate Dining Package in Suites - can you help?

isdoo

Hi,

I have read it several times on here that suites can order from any speciality restaurant if they are on UDP (obviously not a la carte)

Can anyone show me where this is written by NCL.

We have been told that this is not allowed.

We were looking forward to enjoying that in the DOS.

If it is not true then so be it, we will then just eat in the Bistro each night.

Not interested in a debate. Just need to know if we were wrong in our thinking. Reading 'facts' here does not make the information true and correct.

Thanks.

Q. IN WHICH VENUES WILL THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of Ocean Blue, a la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based dining, mini bar and room service.

from here: http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

This has already changed because "entertainment-based dining" is now included on the first night only. Butler service is not usually called room service (although they do bring it if you call RS), so who knows if it is included.....need answers from someone that has actually has the UDP and a butler. My guess is those NOT in a suite cannot call Room Service and have dinner served from a specialty restaurant, but a butler will serve it just like when you purchase a meal from one of them.

Edited by peg013

Thanks.

I did not think Butler service was 'room service'.

I was aware that room service was excluded though.

I have also read several accounts of people who have been in suites and have had items from speciality restaurants on the UDP. Maybe they were lucky and should not have got it.

I think I will not have the package on the next cruise (OS) and eat in the buffet or pay to have the specialty restaurant meals in the suite.

Thanks.

I did not think Butler service was 'room service'.

I was aware that room service was excluded though.

I have also read several accounts of people who have been in suites and have had items from speciality restaurants on the UDP. Maybe they were lucky and should not have got it.

I think I will not have the package on the next cruise (OS) and eat in the buffet or pay to have the specialty restaurant meals in the suite.

I really do not think you would have a problem having dinner in your suite with the UDP. It is possible to purchase the UDP onboard so you could always check with your butler before you purchase, if you would really like to have it.

I really do not think you would have a problem having dinner in your suite with the UDP. It is possible to purchase the UDP onboard so you could always check with your butler before you purchase, if you would really like to have it.

Thanks.

We have pre-purchased it and have been told by the concierge that we can't eat in our DOS.

The terms I can find are at.

http://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa#dining

A bit pointless having a dining table in the suite!!!

We will just have to go without.

I can only imagine that if all in suites had the package and wanted to eat in room, the butler would be too busy to be able to fulfill even their regular duties. It would be an impossibility to him or her.

For me, half the enjoyment of the pay restaurants is the atmosphere. I couple of cruisess I had thought it would be fun to dine in suite, but never have. In fact, I have never used room service!

Thanks.

We have pre-purchased it and have been told by the concierge that we can't eat in our DOS.

The terms I can find are at.

http://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa#dining

A bit pointless having a dining table in the suite!!!

We will just have to go without.

Was it the concierge on the ship that said this or the "pre-concierge" in Miami? I think you will get a different answer in person but please come back and tell us as this will apply to many. If you cancel your UDP, please still ask onboard for the rest of us.

Was it the concierge on the ship that said this or the "pre-concierge" in Miami? I think you will get a different answer in person but please come back and tell us as this will apply to many. If you cancel your UDP, please still ask onboard for the rest of us.

This is on-board.

So we are simply going to eat in the restaurant.

Not exactly what we had planned.

We just returned this last week from a cruise on the Jewel and all had the UDP package and were guests in the Haven.

The Butler provided in suite service from any of the specialty restaurants to us with the UDP package.

I can only imagine that if all in suites had the package and wanted to eat in room' date=' the butler would be too busy to be able to fulfill even their regular duties. It would be an impossibility to him or her.

For me, half the enjoyment of the pay restaurants is the atmosphere. I couple of cruisess I had thought it would be fun to dine in suite, but never have. In fact, I have never used room service! [/size']

I can understand what you mean, but then the OS have a decent dining table for eating.

And any suite guest can order a speciality restaurant meal in their suite and simply pay the cover charge.

So it just doesn't make sense.

We had the Haven in the suite on the previous cruise (on a b2b2b2b) so no problems there.

Being on long cruise, we just wanted to break up the dining venues.

We just returned this last week from a cruise on the Jewel and all had the UDP package and were guests in the Haven.

The Butler provided in suite service from any of the specialty restaurants to us with the UDP package.

Thanks.

Maybe different rules for different ships.

Wished there was someone to clarify on-board.

I wonder if the concierge here knows that the cirque dreams show is now included on the first night.

So you are on board right now and the Concierge is telling you that you cannot have room service from any of the Specialty Restaurants? If that's the case, contact the Hotel Director at extensio 8888. So far all of the post, including the one today, indicate any suite can order from a Specialty and have in suite dining. We have had meals from the Specialties on at least the past five cruises. The UDP has nothing to do with eating in your room, it is just the method you've paid for it.

Edited by rvsullivan
typo

So you are on board right now and the Concierge is telling you that you cannot have room service from any of the Specialty Restaurants? If that's the case, contact the Hotel Director at extensio 8888. So far all of the post, including the one today, indicate any suite can order from a Specialty and have in suite dining. We have had meals from the Specialties on at least the past five cruises. The UDP has nothing to do with eating in your room, it is just the method you've paid for it.

I think the issue for the OP is that he has already paid for the UDP and doesn't want to have to pay again to have the speciality restaurant meals delivered to his room seeing that he is in a suite with a dining room table and the "ability" to have the butler deliver those meals to the room. It is a gray area I agree!

I suspect that the UDP program was intended for in-restaurant dining - not in-room. If everyone decided to do this - the butlers would be overwhelmed. If that is the case they should have stated that in their policies upfront.

Edited by cpcanuck

Thanks all.

On our first night with this UDP we were charged the full price, despite signing a check for $0.00

This happened on the first night of the last cruise (b2b) on the second night they did not even invoice us to avoid any charges.

This is not how the package should work!!

We have now given up on it as tonight is our last night and so we will eat in the buffet to avoid any charges and not being able to get them quickly removed.

All very sad.

Too stressful.......

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have read it several times on here that suites can order from any speciality restaurant if they are on UDP (obviously not a la carte)

If it is not true then so be it, we will then just eat in the Bistro each night.

Not interested in a debate. Just need to know if we were wrong in our thinking. Reading 'facts' here does not make the information true and correct.

Thanks.

We were on the Pearl last week to Alaska. We were in a haven suite AND we purchased the Ultimate Dining Package. Before buying the package, we were trying to find out the answer to EXACTLY the same question...! I looked online AND spoke to folks at NCL AND asked my Travel Agent to check...

Our experience was...ALL of our meals were included in the UDP...and we ordered them through our butler almost EVERY night--from the specialty restaurants. EVERYTHING was included--with the exception of the Asian/Sushi restaurant which had an additional small fee based upon what we ordered.

The ONLY thing additional that we paid for was the tip to our butler to bring the meal to our room...and wine.

Almost all of the menus for the speciality restaurants were already in our room when we arrived...and we asked the butler to bring us the one or two that we were missing...which he promptly did.

Hopefully this is helpful...! :)

We were on the Pearl last week to Alaska. We were in a haven suite AND we purchased the Ultimate Dining Package. Before buying the package, we were trying to find out the answer to EXACTLY the same question...! I looked online AND spoke to folks at NCL AND asked my Travel Agent to check...

Our experience was...ALL of our meals were included in the UDP...and we ordered them through our butler almost EVERY night--from the specialty restaurants. EVERYTHING was included--with the exception of the Asian/Sushi restaurant which had an additional small fee based upon what we ordered.

The ONLY thing additional that we paid for was the tip to our butler to bring the meal to our room...and wine.

Almost all of the menus for the speciality restaurants were already in our room when we arrived...and we asked the butler to bring us the one or two that we were missing...which he promptly did.

Hopefully this is helpful...! :)

I was on that cruise as well in a Haven suite and completely agree. UDP was not a problem and it covered all the Speciality restaurant meals we had in our suite.

Hi,

Thanks.

FROM THE NCL WEBSITE

Dining Terms & Conditions

Refunds and Cancellation Fees

For standard dinner reservations, cancellations of dinner reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to the guest's folio.

For pre-paid reservations, cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time to receive a full refund. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours’ notice, no refund will be issued.

For Ultimate Dining Packages, no refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited.

To ensure that our guests receive our best service, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released. For standard dinner reservations, the full price of the cover per guest will be charged to the guest's folio. For pre-paid reservations, no refund will be issued.

Children

Children may order off of our complimentary children’s menu in any of our specialty restaurants at no charge, or they may dine for 50% off the cover charge by selecting from the ½ price children’s specialty restaurant menu.

All adjustments for non-package pre-paid reservations for children will be completed onboard through the posting of a credit to your stateroom folio. If the child ordered from the complimentary children’s menu, then a credit equal to the amount of the cover charge for the restaurant will be posted to your folio. If the child ordered from the ½ price children’s specialty menu, then a credit equal to 50% of the amount of the cover charge for the restaurant will be posted to your folio.

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

Edited by Orleanscruiser