Need help - large interior K vs. superior interior J on Legend

Hello CC family :)

There's very very little info on Legend when searching this forum.

My specific question is this:

Is the J interior bigger than the K interior?

Most ships the J is in fact larger, but the RCI deck plan shows 142sf for both.

On Splendour it shows the J as 164sf!!

On several sites it says in the room description:

K: " Large Interior staterooms have .... as well as a living area with desk"

J: "Superior Interior staterooms have ....as well as an expanded living area with desk"

Can anyone confirm?? Thank you :D

My deck plans show the J with 164 sq. ft....the K has 142......The J seems to be a bit longer than the other interior cabins...all are on deck 8. Personally, I'd rather be on deck 8...larger cabin, easier access to the "fun spots", like the pool!

Edited by cb at sea

My deck plans show the J with 164 sq. ft....the K has 142......The J seems to be a bit longer than the other interior cabins...all are on deck 8. Personally, I'd rather be on deck 8...larger cabin, easier access to the "fun spots", like the pool!

What deck plan are you looking at? RCL website??

Hello CC family :)

There's very very little info on Legend when searching this forum.

My specific question is this:

Is the J interior bigger than the K interior?

Most ships the J is in fact larger, but the RCI deck plan shows 142sf for both.

On Splendour it shows the J as 164sf!!

On several sites it says in the room description:

K: " Large Interior staterooms have .... as well as a living area with desk"

J: "Superior Interior staterooms have ....as well as an expanded living area with desk"

Can anyone confirm?? Thank you :D

Bump - anyone?? :confused::)

On the deck eight floor plans the description are:

j.gif Superior Interior Stateroom Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(164 sq. ft.)

s.gifk.gif Large Interior Stateroom Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(142 sq. ft.)

HTH

On the deck eight floor plans the description are:

j.gif Superior Interior Stateroom Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(164 sq. ft.)

s.gifk.gif Large Interior Stateroom Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(142 sq. ft.)

HTH

Well, this sucks a little bit.

I am very computer savvy. I clear my cookies everyday, I know how to hunt & surf on the web, I checked likely 20 3rd party travel sites both foreign and North American, and hunted all over the place (including reviews) for J and K cabin info.... I can guarantee to you 100% that when I pulled up RCL.com the Legend deck plan shows K 142sf and J 142sf as well. Half the other websites also showed that they were equal... the other half actually showed the bigger 164sf to match Splendour's deck plan.

I continued to question so fast forward to yesterday... I thought I'd try as a last gasp email to CL Luca Iorio directly on the ship.... awesome service! Emailed me back relatively quickly! She confirmed my doubts... her deck plans on the ship show J's are much larger. Being right on the ship and confirming, I took this as the answer I needed.

I called my TA to pay for the upgrade from K to J ... RCL will allow the upgrade but I have to give up my $200 OBC as the WOW promo is now over! I also now today go the RCL.com to check the Legend deck plan, and it magically shows the J to be 164sf instead of 142sf. I called my TA... magically her on-line deck plan now also shows 164sf.

When the hell did this happen? Nice.... I've just emailed C&A and politely asked them since I have proof of communication back from June 3rd during the WOW sale, if they could please allow and approve my paid cabin upgrade to the cabin I would've booked in the first place without taking away the WOW promo $200 obc.

If anyone wishes to know, I'll post any results and let you know what happens

• 2 weeks later...
I'll post any results and let you know what happens

In case anyone is keeping track of negative vs. positive experiences, you can add one to the positive...

I politely emailed C&A with my issue and proof of my communication during the wow sale (posts, emails to TA, etc). RCL allowed me to upgrade to the J cabin (which I paid to upgrade) and they did allow me to keep my WOW obc. C&A asked me to call my TA to make the change. It was done that day.

Thank you very much RCL :)

We were in a K cabin (8051) on Legend back in November for 15 days and had plenty of room. I wouldn't pay extra for some footage you won't even notice.

100% agree with you... but it's my first time travelling in a cabin with 3 (17 yr old teenager is the 3rd).