Great Stirrup Cay (GSC) Aerial-what is this?

mitsugirly

I found this picture of Great Stirrup Cay while doing some planning and was wondering what is the section toward the bottom left that looks like a lagoon? Is this part being used? Is there a beach there? Is this where they have the snorkeling at? Is there snorkeling there? I'm confused and didn't realize this part was here.

1796045_752017964810442_1455881165_o-L.jpg

I might also add that this was the last rendition that I had seen online when they were doing renovations and in that map picture, you don't see an area of water that is surrounded by sand like a lagoon. Everything seems to be a beach area and open to the ocean. :confused:

great-stirrup-cay.png

Yes, it is indeed a lagoon and you may use it. There are beach chairs available. You can snorkel but I don't think there is anything to see but sand. The water is much calmer than the ocean and it is also warmer. It's a bit of a walk from the main beach area but they do have trams that take people there because it's near the small cabanas. There is another dining facility there but it's only open when Breakaway is at GSC. This is the only picture I could find of the lagoon (that I uploaded to photobucket, anyway).

Gem524_zpsc2a16f85.jpg

Yes, it is indeed a lagoon and you may use it. There are beach chairs available. You can snorkel but I don't think there is anything to see but sand. The water is much calmer than the ocean and it is also warmer. It's a bit of a walk from the main beach area but they do have trams that take people there because it's near the small cabanas. There is another dining facility there but it's only open when Breakaway is at GSC. This is the only picture I could find of the lagoon (that I uploaded to photobucket, anyway).

Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that it was there and didn't bother to adventure over there last time. We will be back in November and I will definitely have to check this place out.

I don't recall ever seeing any trams that go there when I was there last. Where do you catch them at?

Do you know how deep the water is there at the lagoon? I assume you can swim out to the middle right?

Thanks for the info. :)

Thanks for the info. I didn't even know that it was there and didn't bother to adventure over there last time. We will be back in November and I will definitely have to check this place out.

I don't recall ever seeing any trams that go there when I was there last. Where do you catch them at?

Do you know how deep the water is there at the lagoon? I assume you can swim out to the middle right?

Thanks for the info. :)

You are quite welcome. If you ask at the shore excursion building they can direct you to the trams. The road is up above everything else so they probably can't be seen from the regular beach (we followed someone to the tram and I didn't really pay close attention, but I think you have to cross a foot bridge that crosses the lazy river). The lagoon drops off steeply about 5 feet from shore, at which point I could no longer touch bottom (I am 6'). Yes, you can swim to the island in the middle.