Type of socket / power outlet in the Staterooms of INSIGNIA

swiss60

I'll be boarding Insignia on Aug 14th in Lisbon and I wonder what kind of electrical sockets / power outlets I am expected to find in the stateroom.

US 110 or European 220 types and what kind of plug do I Need to take along?

Thanks for your help - Andy / Switzerland

I'll be boarding Insignia on Aug 14th in Lisbon and I wonder what kind of electrical sockets / power outlets I am expected to find in the stateroom.

US 110 or European 220 types and what kind of plug do I Need to take along?

Thanks for your help - Andy / Switzerland

Below is a photo of the electrical sockets on the Regatta. I would assume that they would be the same on the Insignia; but you do need to get confirmation from someone that knows for sure. The night light is in a US 110 plug. Bring converters, so you can use all 4 plugs.

Regatta_Apr14_Ship_IMG_8380.jpg

You missed two.... There are Euro 220V (two pin) plugs located right under the reading lamps on either side of the bed. Great for charging the handi (cell phone) or iPad.

Thanks for clarifying Paul; but that wasn't the case in our inside cabin on the Regatta.

What we find more useful than anything is the dual-voltage travel power strip -- it has three outlets and one USB port - very useful for making the most of scarce outlets!

You can get from Magellans, or Amazon has one like ours here: http://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Valet-PS2-Travel-Power/dp/B003I3LSJ8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407151611&sr=8-3&keywords=power+strip+dual+voltage

I never leave home without it!

Bring converters, so you can use all 4 plugs.

Did you mean to write converters? From the context of your reply, I'm guessing you really meant to write plug adapters, the gizmos that allow a device with a US style plug to fit into a plug configured for foreign power.

FWIW, I've discovered a new style plug adaptor that has enough appeal I'm gradually adding a couple to my existing supplies as we visit different countries. It's a cross between a cube tap and a plug adapter. It will accommodate three devices plugged into a single adapter: two grounded devices and one ungrounded device.

The manufacturer is Ceptics and I located the product on Amazon. The company makes lots of versions for different style plugs. (Ceptics makes the more familiar plug adapters which only accept one device, but I'm talking about the models called 3 Outlet Travel Adapter.)

Here's a link to the model for the UK and Hong Kong:

http://www.amazon.com/Ceptics-Outlet-Travel-Adapter-Plug/dp/B00K81NZOE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407155052&sr=8-4&keywords=ceptics+plug+adapter

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Did you mean to write converters? From the context of your reply, I'm guessing you really meant to write plug adapters, the gizmos that allow a device with a US style plug to fit into a plug configured for foreign power.

FWIW, I've discovered a new style plug adaptor that has enough appeal I'm gradually adding a couple to my existing supplies as we visit different countries. It's a cross between a cube tap and a plug adapter. It will accommodate three devices plugged into a single adapter: two grounded devices and one ungrounded device.

The manufacturer is Ceptics and I located the product on Amazon. The company makes lots of versions for different style plugs. (Ceptics makes the more familiar plug adapters which only accept one device, but I'm talking about the models called 3 Outlet Travel Adapter.)

Here's a link to the model for the UK and Hong Kong:

http://www.amazon.com/Ceptics-Outlet-Travel-Adapter-Plug/dp/B00K81NZOE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407155052&sr=8-4&keywords=ceptics+plug+adapter

You are correct. I did mean adapters. Thanks for correcting me. Since they normally cat around $1 each, I have lots of them for various countries; but that is a very nice one you are recommending.

• 4 months later...
What we find more useful than anything is the dual-voltage travel power strip -- it has three outlets and one USB port - very useful for making the most of scarce outlets!

You can get from Magellans, or Amazon has one like ours here: http://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Valet-PS2-Travel-Power/dp/B003I3LSJ8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407151611&sr=8-3&keywords=power+strip+dual+voltage

I never leave home without it!

I stumbled upon your post recently and I've been looking at that strip on Amazon. Does it work with the recessed plug that is shown a few posts above your post?

I stumbled upon your post recently and I've been looking at that strip on Amazon. Does it work with the recessed plug that is shown a few posts above your post?

Hi since I have all kind European appliances only, the plug shown in a post above was of now use for us. On the other Hand I must say that I found enough sockets in my stateroom on Insignia during our 10 days cruise, that I did not need this recessed plug. It just needed some planning on who gets to use the sockets at what time. Brdgs - Andy