New Oasis GS

Just got on the ship. Very disappointed. Lacking furniture, storage, pictures. Bathroom is tiny. Pool deck furniture on balcony. Seems like everything was just thrown in here. Tv's not mounted, God forbid we hit any seas everything will be on the floor. Decor is like a hospital. I would not book this room ever again. 1 couch and no chairs. No coffee table. No bar area. Very few drawers. Regular GS is MUCH nicer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

Just got on the ship. Very disappointed. Lacking furniture, storage, pictures. Bathroom is tiny. Pool deck furniture on balcony. Seems like everything was just thrown in here. Tv's not mounted, God forbid we hit any seas everything will be on the floor. Decor is like a hospital. I would not book this room ever again. 1 couch and no chairs. No coffee table. No bar area. Very few drawers. Regular GS is MUCH nicer

Say it isnt so:mad:

Wondered if the permanent furniture did not get placed yet.

If no pictures maybe they ran out of time.

Just hoping and hoping.

Which suite were you in?

Thanks for the heads up.

Sea Ya

I had read reviews of the Aqua theatre suites and they are not decorated as lavishly as the GS or OSS were. It would seem that these new GS's are following that pattern. You are paying for the larger cabin,balcony and view and not getting the level of luxury associated with a regular GS.

If this is what they are doing then they should have been classified as Aqua theatre suites and priced individually as they are now and not called GS's.

I had read reviews of the Aqua theatre suites and they are not decorated as lavishly as the GS or OSS were. It would seem that these new GS's are following that pattern. You are paying for the larger cabin,balcony and view and not getting the level of luxury associated with a regular GS.

If this is what they are doing then they should have been classified as Aqua theatre suites and priced individually as they are now and not called GS's.

There is nothing in the "living room" aside from a couch. We are extremely disappointed. They are not luxury at all. Hospital like.

It sounds like in true RCI form, they rushed these cabins out before they're ready for occupancy.:(

We were in an Aqua Theater Suite on the November 15th cruise. Yes, the bathrooms were smaller and less lavish than the GS or OS cabins we've had before, but there was nothing institutional about the furnishings and the cabin was decorated at about the same level as previous suites. We had more storage than we knew what to do with, and the typical RCI fake rattan "suite" furniture with cushions was what was on our balcony.

There is nothing in the "living room" aside from a couch. We are extremely disappointed. They are not luxury at all. Hospital like.

You nailed it on the head!!!! I thought i was just in a bad mood but i totally agree with your analysis. Even tried changing rooms! We have 3 in our room. And i actually think room is smaller because if the wall and strange configuration! Oh well. Will have fun anyway though.

I'm sorry to hear the new GS is under-furnished and sterile. It really seems like they are not done with the suite. For the TV's not to be mounted, it does appear like they ran out of time. That is a potential danger in bad seas.

I hope they continue to finish and add furniture while you are in port. You must be very disappointed.

We are not upset about minimally decorated we are upset because it's clearly not finished, and we made sure it would have the same amenities as other grand suites and it clearly does not, the balcony cabins are much better equipped then this is

CaribeSailor,

We have 11330 booked for the next sailing. I'm so sorry to read about the state of the cabin. We, like you, have been so looking forward to this cabin. Please keep us posted if the concierge or guest services is able to see to it that additional furnishings are added to the cabin. The cabin should have a coffee table and chairs. Can you request some type of compensation as the cabin is not furnished to suite standards?

We are not upset about minimally decorated we are upset because it's clearly not finished, and we made sure it would have the same amenities as other grand suites and it clearly does not, the balcony cabins are much better equipped then this is

Have you had a conversation with the hotel manager yet, what did they say?

And, pics of the view, from the balcony?

Only 1 sink, all gs have 2?

Edited by setsail

Have you had a conversation with the hotel manager yet, what did they say?

And, pics of the view, from the balcony?

Only 1 sink, all gs have 2?

I believe they stated up front that the new GS bathrooms would only have one sink.