Copenhagen hotel for 1 nt pre, 2 nts post

CasaM

First trip to the Baltics....just starting research for our May trip.

We'll be arriving late afternoon, one day before our cruise. Should we stay at the airport, close to dock, or where?

Two nights post cruise, where is the best place for sightseeing/eating. DH has foot problems and does not walk long distances, so I like to be pretty central to sights or transportation.

All suggestions appreciated!

Thank you CruiserBruce. This will be our first time in Copenhagen, so I think I have alot of research to do...about what to see and do...and then also where to stay. I was just hoping that with the constraint of my DH's limited walking that folks might point me to a hotel where there are some things to see and also some nice restaurants nearby. Thank you for the start!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CasaM,

Both my hubby and I are also staying in Copenhagen (1 night only) pre-cruise in May.

Since we confirmed our flight, I have been doing lots of research on where to stay, what to see...etc.

Depending on your budget some "upscale" hotels cost $250-$350 CAD a night.

I was debating hilton airport vs those located in central and decided to stay at Axel Guldsmeden, ($1,026DKK, $200 CAD approx) located near Tivoli. This hotel was recommended by my friend who stayed there last year for two nights.

One thing I did noticed during my research was... this hotel, with many others located in the same area are within Copenhagen Red Light Distract. That being said, my friend did not have any unpleasant experience or noise at night.

If budget is not a concern, you might want to consider those in Nyhavn.

Hope it helps,

Helena

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the info. We decided to eliminate the 1 night pre stay and just fly in from Paris on the day of the cruise and go directly to the ship. I think this will work out better for us. For the 2 nights post cruise, we booked the Hilton at the airport at a very good rate. The ride into town is supposedly short and we can then sightsee wherever we want.