Calling All Aft Epic Aft Balcony Experts! Conflicting Info..

mickeysgal

Hi - hoping someone can help. I need clarification on the Aft balconies on Epic. I'm searching threads here and reading conflicting information. So far I've read...

- all aft balconies on Epic are the same size

- the aft corner balconies on Epic are larger

- the aft corner balconies on Epic are larger on decks 8-11 only.

Can anyone clarify? It would help those of us planning (ok, obsessing over) our cabin selections. Thanks!

The aft corner balconies are larger on decks 8 through 11 only. We have had one. Take a look at the deck plans.

I see a slight difference but that was why I was asking. Not sure all deck plans are entirely accurate. Reading threads here on CC and hoping to find clarification.

The aft corner balconies are larger on decks 8 through 11 only. We have had one. Take a look at the deck plans.

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner (sorry, couldn't resist)

We were in aft corner 10318 - two chairs, tiny table and lounger fit just fine. A second lounger would probably fit on the balcony but we didn't need it so only requested one.

great location with bed by the balcony - we MUCH prefer this to the bed by the closet set up

Glad to hear as we will be in 10318 in about a month. Always wanted aft but never fast enough

Check out the "secret stairs" in the hall right next to your room. Just go through the door. It's sort of like having a private covered front porch. Comes in handy sometimes when you want to see off the port or starboard side like when you are coming into port. It is a large space with a staircase and open windows down the length. One on both port and starboard sides of the aft halls. Never saw anyone else in there on our cruise in an aft facing.

Check out the "secret stairs" in the hall right next to your room. Just go through the door. It's sort of like having a private covered front porch. Comes in handy sometimes when you want to see off the port or starboard side like when you are coming into port. It is a large space with a staircase and open windows down the length. One on both port and starboard sides of the aft halls. Never saw anyone else in there on our cruise in an aft facing.

Oooo, this sounds great!

We're in 11319, aft balcony! Hoping we have a great cruise. Thanks for the information!

Here are a few photos for you of 10318 aft facing balcony on Epic and adjacent secret stairs area.

10318 has bed by the balcony - our preference after having this set up twice on the Epic followed by bed by the closet on Getaway. Lounger hadn't been brought in when this photo was taken.

P1000926_zps547107fc.jpg

P1000958_zpsdc6c654e.jpg

P1000960_zps4b817dce.jpg

P1000961_zpsf1e904a1.jpg

6fbb28ff-31b3-47d9-97c8-aae316c4fc21_zps20fdea63.jpg

fb01e99f-cd90-4df1-affd-5e94dbe86949_zps9e7a638f.jpg

six photo limit reached - to be continued

Photo shows the "secret stairs" area from the exterior of the Epic

5288df8f-78d3-4107-bf92-c06bfa03100c_zpsf84affe7.jpg

50caea55-539e-4552-9b19-e90adc376953_zps09c6e851.jpg

door way to secret stairs right next to 10318 - no noise at all from this area - very easy to pop over for port side view

P1010004_zps4fa68a0e.jpg

P1010006_zps6d97049f.jpg

There are 3 cutouts - this photo shows 2 of them.

P1010005_zps1c99ca14.jpg

P1000995_zps9cb3b249.jpg

Hi - hoping someone can help. I need clarification on the Aft balconies on Epic. I'm searching threads here and reading conflicting information. So far I've read...

- all aft balconies on Epic are the same size

- the aft corner balconies on Epic are larger

- the aft corner balconies on Epic are larger on decks 8-11 only.

Can anyone clarify? It would help those of us planning (ok, obsessing over) our cabin selections. Thanks!

If you zoom in on this photo someone posted you can see cearly the chairs everything and all look exactly the same on each level with the outside balconies a little bigger all the way up https://travelonlywithjodi.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/1033.jpg

If you zoom in on this photo someone posted you can see cearly the chairs everything and all look exactly the same on each level with the outside balconies a little bigger all the way up https://travelonlywithjodi.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/1033.jpg

Thank you.

Decks 12 and 13 corners look the same size also, yet many have said only 8-11 have the bigger corner balconies. I've got a corner on 9 booked; but there is one on 12 that is available...just not sure based on what I've been reading.

Thank you.

Decks 12 and 13 corners look the same size also, yet many have said only 8-11 have the bigger corner balconies. I've got a corner on 9 booked; but there is one on 12 that is available...just not sure based on what I've been reading.

All corners, no matter which deck, should be the same. I'm thinking alot of people are assuming that the corners on deck 12 and 13 are not as wide is probably because they are not fully coloured in on the deck plans. However, by the picture above, all corner afts from decks 8 through 13 are clearly the same width.

We booked a deck 13 aft corner on am upcoming Epic cruise.

Edited by rudeboie

Glad to hear as we will be in 10318 in about a month. Always wanted aft but never fast enough

We will be in this cabin in April! Just got an upgrade for this and the one next to it for myself & hubby with sis & her bf next door! We are super excited!

All corners, no matter which deck, should be the same. I'm thinking alot of people are assuming that the corners on deck 12 and 13 are not as wide is probably because they are not fully coloured in on the deck plans. However, by the picture above, all corner afts from decks 8 through 13 are clearly the same width.

We booked a deck 13 aft corner on am upcoming Epic cruise.

I'm seeing the same thing you are and I tend to agree with you - they sure do look to be the same.

But on this thread and others I've found in searches, I've seen the "only 8-11" comment. So don't know if this is a myth thats been carried forward throughout CC or if there is other reason other than coloring on a deck plan that makes folks say this.

Has anyone had a corner balcony on 12 or 13? Can anyone tell me why they think 12/13 isn't as big?