Booking Cagney's

gibson21

We are sailing on the Jade July 4th.. I was just able to book Cagney's and we have the UDP...They said that it just opened back up !!!
Did they charge you when you booked? Someone on another tread is trying to say Cagney's is not part of the UDP, but many think they are just saying stuff that is not true just to spread the negativity (I did ask the poster if this was a new policy, but they never responded), but wanted to get the real deal from someone who just booked it. Thanks. Edited by NLH Arizona

Did they charge you when you booked? Someone on another tread is trying to say Cagney's is not part of the UDP, but many think they are just saying stuff that is not true just to spread the negativity (I did ask the poster if this was a new policy, but they never responded), but wanted to get the real deal from someone who just booked it. Thanks.

Yes....I too am curious!

Wonder if/when they will post the revised menu???

Supposedly it's going to be introduced on Escape, which doesn't sail until 10/29, so you probably have a while.

Yes....but I was wondering if/when NCL will make the menu available or if we will have to hear the details from those on the TA and early sailings. [emoji6][emoji4]

We are sailing 7/11 Getaway, Booked Cagney's with UDP there was not a charge.

There was No charge with UDP ... the Rep was very nice and stated that Cagney's just became available for reservations again .....

Good to know. Thanks for sharing!! [emoji2]

I have a cruise booked for August 30 with UDP. Yesterday I was able to book specialty restaurants, including Cagneys, for my party of 6, every night, at the exact times I wanted, at no charge, without any problems. Yahoo!!!:)

Two months ago, NCL blocked all Cagney's reservations after July 2, stating that they would make significant changes to the menu. Many rumors started around that single event, none were ever confirmed by NCL.

I am cruising the Epic June 28 to July 4, and was hoping to see the new menu for myself. Was there an official statement from NCL that they postponed the Cagney's menu change beyond July 2?

Yes....but I was wondering if/when NCL will make the menu available or if we will have to hear the details from those on the TA and early sailings. [emoji6][emoji4]

I'll post it following the TA, if no one else does first.

Thank you. I just don't understand why some have to post untrue statements.

Not necessarily untrue just because someone did not have to pay at time of booking. Last November on the Sun, I booked Modernos prior to sailing. For some reason, I was not charged during the booking process. I even called to verify the booking went through and it did. Upon completion of my dinner, I was presented a bill for the meal. So, just because someone isn't charged at time of booking does not mean the meal is free.

Not necessarily untrue just because someone did not have to pay at time of booking. Last November on the Sun, I booked Modernos prior to sailing. For some reason, I was not charged during the booking process. I even called to verify the booking went through and it did. Upon completion of my dinner, I was presented a bill for the meal. So, just because someone isn't charged at time of booking does not mean the meal is free.
NCL had confirmed and these posters have confirmed that Cagney's is part of the UDP.

I have two European cruises in July with my family of 4 - The Spirit from Barcelona (15 days) and the Jade from Venice (8 days). Both cruises have ocean view cabins and qualified for the the UDP and the UBP. I went to myNCL today (5/25) and booked specialty restaurants for every night of each cruise (21 dinners for 4) just in case the UDP prompts a run on these restaurants. The dining options for Teppanyaki were somewhat limited on some nights (we're now just over 5 weeks from sailing), but I was able to make reservations for every specialty restaurant with a confirmation and no charge on my account.

~Bob